Best place to view parade?

autmom

Earning My Ears
Any suggestions on the best place to see the parade? My son cannot tolerate close crowds, and he isn't much on waiting . . . but I'd love for him to be able to see the parade! Any ideas? Thanks!

I think you should let a CM know that you will need a protected spot, they may be able to help you with that. If not, I recommend getting up front if possible and next to some large object that blocks them from one side, so nobody can crowd them. Then you get on the other side, and have someone clued in behind to protect him.

Be sure to look at that GAC FAQ - you will need it!

My autistic son LOVES the parades, and he has even been pulled in to them a few times by wonderful performers. It was a real thrill for him.

I suppose you already know the trick of showing the 30 minute Disneyland and WDW music videos to your son a few times before you trip? I know there are at least 4 of them, and they show the parades. It will be good preparation for him, he will have some idea of what to expect.

I give my little darling a lollipop. No one wants to sit too close to a sticky child. I bring a plastic baggie with some baby wipes and another with a wash cloth (for the big jobs) We usually head back to the room for a shower/swim in the afternoon anyway.
Another tip is not to sit on Main Street. Everyone flocks there at the last minute & it's suddenly over crowded.
We mostly view the parade near the country bear show. There is a bathroom close (to wash off lollipop) & most of the time I can find a seat for myself right behind my children.

If he might be better viewing from a little distance, there are some rocking chairs on the porch of the building where Tony's Italian restaurant is. They are just behind a statue of Goofy. You can sit in the rocking chairs and he can rock if that's something he likes. If you have other members of your party on each side of him, no one will be close ahead, behind or next to him.

go out near where the flume ride is, there are stores there w/porches, ask the cast members to help u out by being sure yr son has enough room w/o 6ft men in front of him. we've found this is a nice option, plus if u snag a spot near the door of one of the stores, its nice and cool, and the sidewalks are raised a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter