Best places to buy lightweight luggage ?

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
I was looking at a 32 inch case today which weighed 5.6kg
I think this is a bit too much of a chunk out of my 20kg luggage allowance.
Could I get large cases which are more lightweight than this ?

:jester: 121 to go :jester:

Hi Alex

I dont know where you are - but Debenhams usually have a fairly comprehensive range of Luggage and I know that they have some lightweight cases amongst their supplies on offer - a bit more pricey I think, but definetly lighter.

Have you also tried Salisburys? Are they still around - I think the one in Lakeside closed!

I got my last case from Matalan - it was really cheap, but not very light - I needed one to pull along that I could manage on my own for my trip with Shirley. It was tomato red - so I couldnt miss it coming round the conveyor belt!LOL :eek:

Thanks Janice.:D
I'm in Newpoet Gwent.
We haven't got a Debenams here, and our Salisburys closed down too.:rolleyes:

The case that I mentioned yesterday was also from Matalan.
Very reasonable, and smart, but I just think 5.6kg is a bit heavy. But I don't know how heavy suitcases normally are.

:jester: 120 to go :jester:

Hi alex,

Dont know if you have one but we bought ours from TJ HUGHES,a good selection of cases.We bought some Beverly Hills Club cases that retailed at £110 for £40 each,super quality and pretty light aswell.

Good luck.

Sean.

Thanks Daftman
I've never even heard of TJ Hughes. I wonder if they have a website ?
I'll have to try to look it up :D

:jester: 120 to go :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter