Best places to crawl..

dledger

Mouseketeer
We leave in a little over a month and my DS has just started to master crawling. I’m just wondering if there are any areas I could let him (with supervision) get out and crawl? I know of the play areas at Epcot set up for the festival that appear to be grassy. Any others?

We struggled with this on our last trip when our youngest was at crawling stage. There just weren’t a lot of places at the parks we found that were clean/dry enough and where we felt she was safely out of the way of foot traffic! We ended up doing a lot of time in the stroller and carrier in the parks and taking breaks at our hotel to let her roam around the room a lot. That worked out well enough, even if it wasn’t totally ideal. There may be places we missed, though, so good luck!

Also, in AK, there's the Boneyard playground - find a place on the side or away from the main play structure where it's not as busy. There's the Dumbo play area - either the center area for smaller ones or on the side out of the way. EP - inside the Imagination pavilion - where you exit the ride and they have some stuff for kids. There's a play area at the exit of Mission Space - it's mostly for older kids, but once again, find some space on the side.

I agree with the fake grass in front of the castle at MK. Our daughter loved hanging out there for a break...I was even able to let the baby stretch a little. There is also a small play area by the exit of Splash Mountain. It does get crowded but we were able to have alittle time there without alot of kids. (It was early in the day.)

I second the suggestion of inside the Imagination pavilion. They have a large light up carpet that would work well and it never seems that busy in there. Parts of the aquarium in Epcot might work too if it's not busy.

I'll never forget when our youngest DD wanted to crawl around the resort room at the Poly. Yuck!

I agree with the fake grass in front of the castle at MK. Our daughter loved hanging out there for a break...I was even able to let the baby stretch a little. There is also a small play area by the exit of Splash Mountain. It does get crowded but we were able to have alittle time there without alot of kids. (It was early in the day.)
we have never been lucky there as our little even a toddler was run over by older kids waiting there by Splash Mountain

Is the Wreck it Ralph play area still in Epcot? Maybe that's the one the OP was already referring to? It's outside, near TT and back side of Mousegears, and has some fake grass area along with woodchips under the equipment, and is fenced off although I think it's in full sun as much of EPCOT tends to be.

If you happen to be roaming around the BoardWalk area, there is a grassy knoll just in front of the steps that lead up to the check in area. It's fake grass now, but it's a pretty good sized space. I think there are also some grassy areas over by the Beach Club and Yacht Club that would work well.

One of ours took his first steps in The Living Seas. So, crawling in there is good. They also wobbled around, and crawled in One Man's Dream.

We leave in a little over a month and my DS has just started to master crawling. I’m just wondering if there are any areas I could let him (with supervision) get out and crawl? I know of the play areas at Epcot set up for the festival that appear to be grassy. Any others?

Noticed several posters mentioning the fake grass - be very careful about crawling on it as it can be very rough and scratchy on little knees unless they have pants on - even that may not be enough to keep off the 'burn'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter