• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best plan for Sea World in a day?

Court475

Mouseketeer
We will be at Sea World for 1 day next Wednesday. It is the first time there for all of us - 3 adults, 3 kids ages 10, 9 and 6 - so I am clueless! Obviously we'd like to see and do as much as we can. Any suggestions?

We will be at Sea World for 1 day next Wednesday. It is the first time there for all of us - 3 adults, 3 kids ages 10, 9 and 6 - so I am clueless! Obviously we'd like to see and do as much as we can. Any suggestions?

Have a wonderful time. For us, the must do's are:

Blue Horizons at Whale & Dolphin Theatre - we went on Journey to Atlantis before the show started - wonderful ride - my son was 4 1/2 and loved the ride.

We then caught the Pets Ahoy show at Seaport Theatre - it is rescued animals from Florida animal shelters and they do some really cute tricks. A definite favorite.

We also made sure to catch A'Lure (Call of the Ocean) at Nautilus Theatre.

We tried to catch Believe watching Shamu in the Shamu stadium but they only had 2 shows the day we were there on May 1 (one at 12:30p and one at 6:30p) - we tried to get a seat 20 minutes before the 12:30p show but the stadium was already full. We went back for the 6:30p show but at 5:45p - the line ups were already getting long and we figured 45 minutes waiting would not work for the kids. We had seen it last August so we were okay to miss it but if it is your first time - definitely go and see it.

If you are wanting to feed the dolphins - check the feeding schedule as soon as you get there because they are fed at specific times. We went and fed the Stingrays as you can feed them at any time during the day.

We did the meal plan because we were at the park from open to close and found it to be an excellent value. It was nice to not have to open our wallets every time we wanted something to drink or eat. They had incredible fresh strawberries, a variety of delicious desserts (chocolate fudge cake, carrot cake, fresh baked cookies). You could have milk (white, chocolate, or strawberry), bottle of Aquafina water, fountain pop or coffee/tea anytime you wanted. My son wanted a Burger and Macaroni and Cheese at lunch so he was able to have both and have Corn on the Cob. I found the food to have fresh ingredients and tasty. All you do is grab what you want, flash your wristband to the cashier then go and eat. It is a very good meal plan and well worth it. I think that my son drank his value between bottles of water and cartons of milk. It was our best eating day on our 8 day trip.

They do have Shamu's Happy Harbor with rides but I would not go out of your way to visit it. If you are doing Disney at all this trip, that area's rides may be "lame" to your kids.

Anyway, have a wonderful day at SeaWorld. It is a great park with awesome shows. It makes for a very relaxing but fun day.:cool1:

My best advice would be to try and hit the exhibits next to the shows. Since the day your going, the park is open until 10:00pm, if you get there right at opening, you should have enough time to do all the things you want to do. It will require alot of planning if you want to do it all.

Here is a shows schedule for the day your going.....
http://www.seaworld.com/ParkHours.aspx?LocationID=1&ScheduleID=40345

I would suggest doing the 10:00am Blue Horizons, 11:15 Clyde and Seamore, and 12:30 Believe shows. These shows are outdoors, but there is covering if there is rain so you wont get wet. The problem is that if there is lightning, these 3 shows show may be canceled. However since there is a good chance it will rain in the afternoon and not morning, if you get these three shows done early, you should be good. Pets Ahoy and A'lure are indoors, so it may be a good idea to do those shows if it starts raining. Weather wont affect these two shows. Each show is no more than 30 minutes long, with most being around 20 minutes.

You should definitely stay for the night shows. Shamu Rocks, Sealions tonight and the Reflections Fire works show. The Shamu Rocks show is a rock and roll themed Shamu show, different from the day show. Sealions tonight is a funny show that spoofs the day shows around the park. It would be a good idea to see the day shows before seeing Sealions tonight because it will be hard to follow if you dont.

Like I said above, plan to visit exhibits around shows. It would be a good idea to plan your day around the shows. The dolphin, sting ray, Manatee and turtle exhibits are located near Blue Horizons. So that could be done first thing in the morning before or after the Blue Horizons show. The Penguins, and Sealions are near the Clyde and Seamore show, so that could be done before or after that show. Wild Arctic which is a motion simulator ride and Polar Bear, Beluga Whale and Walrus exhibit is located near Shamu Stadium. So that could be done before or after the show. Shamu's happy harbor will be a huge hit with your kids. Alot of kid rides and a huge play area. Your 6 year old may enjoy this more than the rest. This is also located near the Shamu show. I would suggest doing the bigger rides, like Manta, Kraken and Journey to Atlantis around 5:30-7:30. It tends to be slower during that time.

Hope you have fun. Its worth the day, and there are plenty of places to relax during the day. Any other ?s feel free to ask! :)

If you can swing it, I would recommend one of the VIP tours, or anything that gets you preferred seating at the shows. Both times we've been to SeaWorld we did a photo tour, which doesn't exist anymore, but you're able to arrive 10-15 minutes before a performance, even of "Believe" and get the best seats in the house. There's no worry about missing anything. We feed the dolphins first thing in the morning so the rest of our day is free to see the shows and visit the exhibits, with the least wait time for our favorite activity.

SeaWorld is amazing- your family will love it!

Thanks so much for the tips! I feel better now. :) We did purchase the ADD as I figure the drinks in this heat will make it worth it.

Where do I take my ADD confirmation for bracelets?

Thanks so much for the tips! I feel better now. :) We did purchase the ADD as I figure the drinks in this heat will make it worth it.

Where do I take my ADD confirmation for bracelets?

We bought the ADD at the restaurant when we got there but I believe that you can redeem your confirmation at Guest Services or the Information Counter when you first enter the park.

You are going to love the ADD - it was a great value and the drinks in the heat are definitely worth it. Have an awesome trip!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter