Best Pool Area??

gigirl131

I Want Churroooos!!
Our flight is an early morning flight from the East Coast arriving mid-day, we are staying offsite for the first night to save some $. Would like to book a hotel with with a great/good pool area since my youngest is a fish. He's nine so I don't think a splash pad would do. We are a family of 5 so the room would also have to accommodate at least three sleeping surfaces, possibly walking distance to DTD, any recommendations?

Courtyard by Marriot on Harbor has the nicest pool complex in the area. It has a great play area for kids.
Plus, Mimi's in in the same locatation and is a very nice place to eat.

Next to that is Howard Johnsons and they also have a pool with slides and other stuff.

You would have to call either of these for sleeping capacity questions unless someone else here knows the answers.

Cambria's pool looks awesome. We stayed at the Courtyard and the pool was a huge disappointment. It is teeny tiny. The water slides and splash pad were great though. From research it looks the the Anaheim Hotel has a gigantic pool.

What time of year are you visiting? Courtyard pool is small but we were there last march and had the pool and slides virtually to ourselves. The slides were fun. Even my 14 year old had fun on them.

Cambria's pool looks awesome. We stayed at the Courtyard and the pool was a huge disappointment. It is teeny tiny. The water slides and splash pad were great though. From research it looks the the Anaheim Hotel has a gigantic pool.
The Anaheim Hotel gets very mixed reviews here. People like the low rates. Many people refuse to stay there. The DIS review was not positive. Everyone likes Pizza Press (the restaurant which shares the property). I wouldn't stay at that hotel just for the pool.

Our flight is an early morning flight from the East Coast arriving mid-day, we are staying offsite for the first night to save some $. Would like to book a hotel with with a great/good pool area since my youngest is a fish. He's nine so I don't think a splash pad would do. We are a family of 5 so the room would also have to accommodate at least three sleeping surfaces, possibly walking distance to DTD, any recommendations?

Courtyard by Marriott on Harbor can definitely accommodate 5.

The Cambria is literally right next to the 5, so if you book there, ask for a room as far away from the freeway as possible.

Marriott is opening a new big resort near the Anaheim Gardenwalk soon.... I wonder what its pool is like. Westin is opening a huge resort as well, but not until August.

What time of year are you visiting? Courtyard pool is small but we were there last march and had the pool and slides virtually to ourselves. The slides were fun. Even my 14 year old had fun on them.
We will be there first week of June.

We chose Fairfield Inn over Howard Johnson because we DID NOT want a cool pool lol. If we stayed at HOJO our daughter would have preferred the pool over Disney LOL.

The Courtyard looks nice but I rather save some pennies and stay somewhere cheaper with a decent pool. We only need a place to take a LONG nap after travel and some pool time. Before our adventure at Disneyland starts the next day! Thanks for the input!

We chose Fairfield Inn over Howard Johnson because we DID NOT want a cool pool lol. If we stayed at HOJO our daughter would have preferred the pool over Disney LOL.
AHAHAH I am afraid he will want to stay in the pool over at the GCH which is why I'm trying to get his pool itch over before we start there!!

AHAHAH I am afraid he will want to stay in the pool over at the GCH which is why I'm trying to get his pool itch over before we start there!!

None of the offsite hotels pool areas can touch the Grand Californian, except the Great Wolf Lodge.

Our grandkids have loved Howard Johnson's in the past, and it's closer to the park entrance than it might appear on a map. Also has a quiet pool for more adult relaxation. And the hotel has a variety of accommodations for families, including themed rooms with bunk beds (can be hard to snag on short notice, however).
Heard rumors that there is major construction at HoJo right know, so be sure to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter