• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best port adventure at castaway cay

goddesserika18

disneycrazed
hi im looking for the best port adventure at castaway cay for me, husband and 10 yr old daughter. im looking at either the stingray adventure or jet skis, which one would you choose?

hi im looking for the best port adventure at castaway cay for me, husband and 10 yr old daughter. im looking at either the stingray adventure or jet skis, which one would you choose?
Unfortunately, "best" is in the eye of the beholder. One person may totally love interacting with the stingrays, another just feels they're creepy. One person may be an active type, who will feel that the jet ski excursion is too mild, while another thinks it's just exciting enough.

It's a question best answered by you.

Last edited:

I second parasailing. It was incredible and everyone in our family loved it, as did the woman and her 10 year old daughter that were on the same excursion.

A direct answer rather than a riddle.....

Both are good, we have done the Stingrays a good family together experience not to much disruption to the day just a walk up the beach And very interesting for children. The jet skis are more a personal experience more powerful, fun but can be dangerous it's personal not so much family I find myself clinging on to my don and getting very wet everywhere.

We loved the jet ski excursion and have done it twice. It is extraordinary to ride out to this sandbar and be standing in the middle of the ocean, looking back at the ship.

IMG_0078.JPG

The Jet Ski's were awesome for my wife and I. I decided not to have our (at the time, 9 yr old DS) hang on the back while I went full speed on a jet ski. Awesome for the wife and I but felt my son would not have had the same experience. Ever been Jet skiing with your family?

If it is something you have experience with and have enjoyed then it is an awesome port adventure! You definitely get to see Castaway from a different angle.

We really liked doing the stingrays, and it's not a terribly long thing, so there is still plenty of time to enjoy everything else Castaway Cay has to offer. I would also be sure to bring or rent snorkeling gear and snorkel in the lagoon.

My husband and I took our 9 year old on the jetskis at CC. It was awesome!!!!! We all had so much fun! You can go as fast or as slow as you want. There are 2 guides, one in front and one at the back so you can go at whatever speed you're comfortable with. On the way back, my son and I were ready to go a bit faster!!!

Can my 9 year old son ride IN FRONT of my husband or must he be in back?? Seems like a boring ride looking at dad's back....

Hmm, I can't remember if our son would have been allowed to ride in front. My son had a great time, even though he was looking at my back. There is a lot to see all around you. We just booked our second cruise and he is already asking if we can jetski at CC again!
At one spot we got off the jetskis, where the water was about 3 feet deep, and swam, wandered around, etc. Then we got back on and drove back to the ship.

Has anyone done the snorling excursion where you take a boat ride out for 30 min and snorkle there?

Has anyone done the snorling excursion where you take a boat ride out for 30 min and snorkle there?

There are two snorkeling excursions. One is the rigid hull and the other is the catamaran. I did the catamaran excursion in October. They took us out to a reef. We saw more variety of fish and coral there than what you would find in the snorkel lagoon. It was a good excursion and I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure if I would do it again. It takes up a few hours of your CC day and I later felt that I would have rather spent the time lounging on the beach in a chair, enjoying an adult beverage. But that's more a personal preference thing.

We're doing the parasailing when we go in June. I'm really looking forward to that.

I second parasailing. It was incredible and everyone in our family loved it, as did the woman and her 10 year old daughter that were on the same excursion.

My daughter was excited about the parasailing but we found out you must be 90 lbs to fit into the harness...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter