• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best price for Aulani?

topsy

Mouseketeer
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't find a forum dedicated to Hawaii/Aulani.

We're looking into Hawaii as a honeymoon destination and want to spend 3 nights on O'ahu, of course the only place we want to stay there is at Disney's Aulani Resort.

The only problem we have is the price! It seems to be astronomical - almost £1000 for 3 nights. That's a HUGE chunk of our honeymoon budget. Bearing in mind we need to pay to fly from the UK...

Can anyone suggest a good company or website for getting a good deal at this hotel? I thought of renting DVC points but that too seems to be expensive.

Many thanks!

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't find a forum dedicated to Hawaii/Aulani.

We're looking into Hawaii as a honeymoon destination and want to spend 3 nights on O'ahu, of course the only place we want to stay there is at Disney's Aulani Resort.

The only problem we have is the price! It seems to be astronomical - almost £1000 for 3 nights. That's a HUGE chunk of our honeymoon budget. Bearing in mind we need to pay to fly from the UK...

Can anyone suggest a good company or website for getting a good deal at this hotel? I thought of renting DVC points but that too seems to be expensive.

Many thanks!

What kind of room and the time of year your going will effect the price?

Topsy, I would advise renting points as well! I live 5 minutes away, and people here ask the same question. A Studio, standard view on 29 June is 22 points. If you can find $12 a point, that's $264 a night .

What kind of room and the time of year your going will effect the price?

Check this website and nicely outlines the process.

http://www.dvcrequest.com

They also have a point chart to tell you exactly how many points you will require for the time of year, type of room, and view you would like.

They charge $13 a point which is at the high end, but they remove most of the chance associated with renting points from a random poster.

That said, I have rented with them and others and have never had an issue.

We will be making our first trip to Aulani 7/14-20 and we rented points form the site above to do it.

Good luck!

Check this website and nicely outlines the process.

http://www.dvcrequest.com

They also have a point chart to tell you exactly how many points you will require for the time of year, type of room, and view you would like.

They charge $13 a point which is at the high end, but they remove most of the chance associated with renting points from a random poster.

That said, I have rented with them and others and have never had an issue.

We will be making our first trip to Aulani 7/14-20 and we rented points form the site above to do it.

Good luck!

Brilliant, thanks very much.

Thanks to all who have replied.

We'll be traveling in September next year and although a lovely 1 bed villa would be nice, it'll most likely be the cheapest studio with the cheapest view!!

Oh also, a quick question about renting points. Ca you only rent from someone who has points for that particular resort or can anyone's points be used for any resort?

I have a relative who has lots of points at WDW, if they were happy to rent them to me could I use those points for Aulani?

Thanks!

Oh also, a quick question about renting points. Ca you only rent from someone who has points for that particular resort or can anyone's points be used for any resort?

I have a relative who has lots of points at WDW, if they were happy to rent them to me could I use those points for Aulani?

Thanks!

You can use any points there, but that means you can only book the trip 7 months out. To book at 11 months you have to use Aulani points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter