Best Priced Hotels With a View

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
We are going on our honeymoon in mid-April and I was wanting to get a hotel with a balcony view of the parks/fireworks. Last time I went with family we stayed at the Courtyard Marriot Them Park Entrance. It was a short walk and we had a great view. But the rooms cost more than I thought. Around $300 a night when I thought it was closer to $180. I could have sworn I checked before and it was cheaper. Anyway, I'm not looking for other options, but it is a bit overwhelming with all the choices. What would you recommend for a week long trip? We'll be doing other things in the area but would like to make Disney our home base and catch the fireworks on nights we didn't go to the parks.

Are there any hotels within close walking distance for between$150-$250 a night with a view (preferably a balcony) and possibly some nice amenities like an in room tub or anything else that might make it feel more like a honeymoon than a regular trip? We had thought about getting a night or two on property, but we probably can't swing that unless we settle for a much bigger downgrade for the other nights.

I'm also a little worried about crowds. Will spring break crowds be gone by April 15?

On our family trip last year, we stayed at the Howard Johnson's on Harbor (next door to the Courtyard to the north) and our room had a good-sized balcony with a view of the fireworks. I think we paid between $175-$200/night. Also, the room was large and had a microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, etc. Finally, because of where the hotel is located (it's on the north end of Harbor), it's very easy on/off the freeway. So, you don't have to deal with Harbor traffic. All in all, while it's not the most glamorous hotel in the area, we really enjoyed it and would recommend it. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

Try looking again using a private browsing mode. I've looked online for flights and hotels and in the same day, a span of hours probably, everything jumped in price. Went home and checked the same websites, same everything, the price was the original price that I found.

Hojo’s just completed a renovation of building 1 (the 7 story one with the rooms overlooking Disneyland)!

It has been my experience with them that if you tell them it’s a special occasion, they will try to make in extra nice for you!

We are going on our honeymoon in mid-April and I was wanting to get a hotel with a balcony view of the parks/fireworks. Last time I went with family we stayed at the Courtyard Marriot Them Park Entrance. It was a short walk and we had a great view. But the rooms cost more than I thought. Around $300 a night when I thought it was closer to $180. I could have sworn I checked before and it was cheaper. Anyway, I'm not looking for other options, but it is a bit overwhelming with all the choices. What would you recommend for a week long trip? We'll be doing other things in the area but would like to make Disney our home base and catch the fireworks on nights we didn't go to the parks.

Are there any hotels within close walking distance for between$150-$250 a night with a view (preferably a balcony) and possibly some nice amenities like an in room tub or anything else that might make it feel more like a honeymoon than a regular trip? We had thought about getting a night or two on property, but we probably can't swing that unless we settle for a much bigger downgrade for the other nights.

I'm also a little worried about crowds. Will spring break crowds be gone by April 15?
Dapper Days DLR hotel rates for April 2019 are out on their website.
upload_2018-7-10_14-45-31.png

Park Vue Inn has no balcony, but you can go to the breakfast area and watch the fireworks from there. They do have jacuzzi tub rooms and are right across the street from the Harbor bag check. 5 minute walk, literally.

We normally tell guests that Spring break starts 2 weeks before Easter goes until 2 weeks after Easter. It looks like Easter next year is April 21 and Dapper Day is April 14. During busier times, Disney hour tend to be open later to accommodate crowds. But enjoy your honeymoon no matter what the crowds will be :love:

Kriss :tink:

Is there a reason dapper days are discounted onsite? This is making me think twice about booking onsite for a few nights.
It's an Unofficial event at Disneyland. With the number of people that come to the parks for DapperDays, Disney and the DapperDays people have arranged for Convention Rates for the event.
There will be discount tickets too. They are available online about three months prior to the event date.
Go to the DD website and you can see what it's all about. You can even sign up with them and that puts you on the emailing list.
As it gets closer to the event you'll get emails of their plans.
DD website - http://dapperday.com/ Spring info - http://dapperday.com/spring-2019-disneyland-ca
The discount hotel rates are easier on the budget.
What are your dates for DLR in April?

Sent you a message.....

I really like HOJO when we can't afford the Courtyard. The theme park view rooms have a great view, especially if you can manage to snag one on the top floor. Depending on the time of year, I usually get one for about $200.

Most of the motels along harbor are not what I would call honeymoon quality. The new Courtyard would be the exception. I wouldn't totally rule out all harbor motels, but it will be harder to find something nice if that is important to you. Maybe Hojo or something recently renovated would work. I think there are some on the corner of Harbor & Katella that might work. I haven't stayed at either because they didn't work for my family of 6 and our budget, but they look nicer than most of the harbor motels and I think they are true hotels with amenities.

Residence Inn at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center: I don't know if this is new but I believe it has fireworks views.
SpringHill Suites Anaheim Resort Area/Convention Center: I think this is a new hotel and has fireworks views.

Both are part of the Marriott family. Out of curiosity I looked at rates for next April. The first week of April 2019 rates start to jump extremely high at both properties... as in almost $1000/night for a king bed kind of high. That is insane. Do they know something we don't know about April 2019? I absolutely would not pay that much! Maybe it is a fluke?

We spent our honeymoon at Park Vue. No view. $200/night. Jacuzzi in room. We were in the parks for nighttime entertainment, so a view of fireworks wasn't a care we had.

Last week, we stayed at Tropicana. $152/night (it would have been $172 or so a night, but we were staying 5 nights, which lowers their rates by $20/night). We had King room (specifically, room 371). It didn't have a balcony, however, we had a pretty fair view of the fireworks out the north window. They have rooms with balconies; you can call and see what one to book to get one of the balconies for the fireworks. It's not a "honeymoon" type place, but, again, you aren't really there for the honeymoon experience (ahem, that is, if you are staying at a Harbor hotel, you likely aren't there to spend a lot of time in the room). Hubs and I were thrilled with the room, personally. It was small, but had vaulted ceilings, and north and west facing windows (!!) in that specific room, a friendly staff, and a good rate.

Crowds should be slightly calming down after the majority of Spring Breaks finishing up, but it won't be quiet by any stretch.

To get more of a "honeymoon" feel to our Disneyland honeymoon, Hubs and I did a few nicer sit-down meals (like the Carthay Circle World of Color dining package, Blue Bayou, drinks at Hearthstone Lounge, etc), made sure to get lots of pictures of us together, wore the bride/groom ears, and a "Happily Ever After" button. Lots of congratulations, some free desserts, and even some line-cuts from nice CMs. Not a traditional honeymoon, but we were at Disneyland, so we weren't expecting a "regular" honeymoon!

For anyone thinking of using the Dapper Days rates for hotel and/or tickets, please consider participating in at least one DD event, e.g. buying a ticket to the Expo (only $10 for the whole day!) and dressing up. Participation in the events helps support DD and prevents abuse of the special rates.

We have done DD many times, great rates at the Grand that can not be beat. People dressed in all kinds of attire, just a fun time. So PLEASE support Dapper Days so it may continue.

Jack

Wish we could wear our wedding digs into the park for DD... How much can I expect to pay for the DD discount tickets? Or should I just go ahead and buy regular park tickets now to avoid any prince increase before they are announced?

We spent our honeymoon at Park Vue. No view. $200/night. Jacuzzi in room. We were in the parks for nighttime entertainment, so a view of fireworks wasn't a care we had.

Last week, we stayed at Tropicana. $152/night (it would have been $172 or so a night, but we were staying 5 nights, which lowers their rates by $20/night). We had King room (specifically, room 371). It didn't have a balcony, however, we had a pretty fair view of the fireworks out the north window. They have rooms with balconies; you can call and see what one to book to get one of the balconies for the fireworks. It's not a "honeymoon" type place, but, again, you aren't really there for the honeymoon experience (ahem, that is, if you are staying at a Harbor hotel, you likely aren't there to spend a lot of time in the room). Hubs and I were thrilled with the room, personally. It was small, but had vaulted ceilings, and north and west facing windows (!!) in that specific room, a friendly staff, and a good rate.

Crowds should be slightly calming down after the majority of Spring Breaks finishing up, but it won't be quiet by any stretch.

To get more of a "honeymoon" feel to our Disneyland honeymoon, Hubs and I did a few nicer sit-down meals (like the Carthay Circle World of Color dining package, Blue Bayou, drinks at Hearthstone Lounge, etc), made sure to get lots of pictures of us together, wore the bride/groom ears, and a "Happily Ever After" button. Lots of congratulations, some free desserts, and even some line-cuts from nice CMs. Not a traditional honeymoon, but we were at Disneyland, so we weren't expecting a "regular" honeymoon!

It looks like Tropicana has a "Disney Executive Suite" with a private balcony, but I can't find any pictures of what the view is like. It looks like it is only 2-3 stories so probably not as good as the one we got next door at the Courtyard. Would you recommend Park Vue strongly over Tropicana? They look like they will work out to about the same price during our dates given the executive suite upgrade.

It looks like Tropicana has a "Disney Executive Suite" with a private balcony, but I can't find any pictures of what the view is like. It looks like it is only 2-3 stories so probably not as good as the one we got next door at the Courtyard. Would you recommend Park Vue strongly over Tropicana? They look like they will work out to about the same price during our dates given the executive suite upgrade.
Not the user you are quoting, but this video shows a shot of the view from the balcony of the Disney Executive Suite at the Tropicana (at the very end of the video). The rooms at the Tropicana have received a recent refresh so the room itself will look slightly different. I haven't stayed at the Tropicana, but I've heard really great things about it here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter