Best priced restaurants?

jodifla

WDW lover since 1972
Haven't been In a couple years and am having sticker shock. Jiko seems so pricey, but Sanaa seems more reasonable.

Do you have any restaurants where you think the prices are a good deal?

How do you define “ best prices” or “ good deal”? It is different for different folks

yes, all outside Disney:rolleyes1
But you’re right Sanaa might be one if not the only one inside Disney.

How do you define “ best prices” or “ good deal”? It is different for different folks
A lot of the Jiko meals are 45 and up. For 3 of us it could push 300 bucks with something to drink and an appetizer.

Ok I am open to off property ideas!
Texas de Brazil is a favorite, all you care to eat, but with a great ambiance, is not like the all you can eat chinese buffet. The Knife also all you can eat Argentinian BBQ they charge around $30 per person and the price includes a whole bottle of wine per person. For a less formal meal Fuddruckes is my favorite place for burgers and shakes. This last two places are on Lake Buena Vista very close to Disney area.

Via Napoli, Al Forno, Ale and Compass, Coral Reef, Chefs de France, the Plaza, Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch, Prime Time, Yak and Yeti.

In general, no. However there are a few places where I think, by WDW standards, you get a quality meal that isn't ridiculously over priced. Tangierine Cafe in the Morccco Pavilion at Epcot is always the first one that comes to mind. Satu'li Canteen at AK is another.

For the most part I think the TS restaurants are all horribly overpriced for what you get but there are some restaurants that we really enjoy and are willing to shell out a small fortune for the food and an enjoyable experience. Boma and Jiko at AKL are two of our favorite places. Biergarten in the Germany Pavilion at Epcot is another. We also really love Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar in the Italy Pavilion at Epcot. It is a TS restaurants but does not accept ADRs.

So it looks like the 1 credit restaurants have the best prices, which makes sense. We never do the dining plan as DVC members but it has certainly reshaped Disney dining.

I am thinking Coral Reef might be a good choice.

We thought Nine Dragons was a good deal. They have a fried rice with shrimp, etc. in it that was excellent and relatively inexpensive.

The Plaza in MK is a TS that is not really that much more than some QS and it's a pretty nice place for lunch.

Other than that, generally speaking the 1 TS at resorts are more affordable than the ones in the parks, but you pay in having to give up time for transportation.

I agree with Tangierine Café and BOG as good values.

Hard to have a good value restaurant thread without mentioning Earl of Sandwich in DS (unless it's completely fallen apart since my last trip).

Via Napoli. Our first trip there we bought the Metro (I forget the name but the largest pizza they have) and it fed our family of 4. I think we spent $60ish for all four of us with drinks and a salad.

Last trip we did a large pizza for the kids to split and my SO and I each got our own individual pizza. It was around $80.

Here's my list of best value and where I do not mind paying out of pocket:

ESPN Club-Boardwalk
Plaza Restaurant
Big River Grille
Restaurant Marrakesh- a combo appetizer I use as my meal
Via Napoli
Beaches and Cream

I can eat at these locations for prices closer to an Applebee's than a Disney World. The problem is we don't eat at an Applebee's level restaurant twice a day, day after day. So, we do still have to sprinkle in some cheaper options or just eat in our room at break time.

Via Napoli, Nine Dragons, Rose and Crown Boma (so delicious breakfast), Trails End, The Wave, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Sanaa, The Plaza and Kona Cafe. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter