• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best PS time for Sci-fi

lisaes

Mouseketeer
What would be the best PS time for sci-fi for lunch. I would rather mid afternoon before the parade but enough time to eat and get over to find a spot before the parade starts. Would 1 p.m. be okay. I noticed that some people have said that earliest lunch is best but I can't see me being hungry for lunch at 11:30!

I think 1pm would be fine. We had a 1:20pm PS in Feb, we got there a little early and were taken within 5 minutes. The timing was great for the parade, we came out walked ouer by Star Tours, got bench to sit on and enjoyed a Mickey Bar while we waited for the parade.

I just happened to phone yesterday for Sci-Fi PS's and was told the first seating was noon because it did not open before then... did they tell you 11:30? (I really want the first seating of the day, to get in and order etc. as quickly as possible. But this is because we have to leave directly after lunch and we wanted to end the MGM morning on a cool note.) Our trip isn't til October, BTW :sunny:

We like 1:30, it's nice to get out of the heat by then. The nitetime atmosphere inside the restaurant is relaxing.

Had a 2:00 PS for Sci-Fi a couple of weeks ago. Even at that time the place was overflowing, but we were seating in less that 5 minutes. We really enjoyed relaxing a bit and cooling off at that time of day!

i know i was debating over sci fi for lunch or dinner.

either 1230pm for lunch or 7pm for dinner, i guesS?:confused:

Originally posted by jtjarvis
I just happened to phone yesterday for Sci-Fi PS's and was told the first seating was noon because it did not open before then... did they tell you 11:30? (I really want the first seating of the day, to get in and order etc. as quickly as possible. But this is because we have to leave directly after lunch and we wanted to end the MGM morning on a cool note.) Our trip isn't til October, BTW :sunny:

I phoned to make a ps for Sept. 20 and was told the first seating was at 12:00. I think it is a seasonal thing. Maybe they just open earlier when the parks are more crowded. I really wanted 11:30 too.

I called back yesterday to double check and was told the same thing. They do not open until 12:00.

I called for a ps for 7/16. I wanted later but all that they could give me was 11 am. I guess they open earlier in the summer.

Thanks so much for posting Karalea-- you're right, must be seasonal. I'm so glad too that you double-checked about opening time. Now I owe you one, because I was going to give an extra call to make sure as well! :jester:

Too, Pavel, the 11 a.m. time might be really cool after all :cool: -- we have usually found ourselves starving for lunch even before that time! A burger always seems to do the job! Have a great time and since you're going so soon let us know your take on the place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter