• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best rates for various room types at PBH and HRH (let's keep it going!)

Lucky'sMom

DIS Veteran
Let's start (and keep) a thread going of the best rates we've gotten for each of the room types (standard, deluxe, pool view, concierge, kids suite) at Portofino and Hard Rock. Please also include the type of discount (Universal Fan Club, Entertainment Rate, AAA, etc.) The date of your trip might also be helpful. I know HRH standard Ent. rate is $117 and deluxe Ent. rate is $149, I'd love to know what the best kids suite rates have been. Thanks!!

we went in april, rate was 129 pool view at hrh with the ent card. by the way howdy neighbor!!! we live in Beaver

We went in June and stayed at both Portofino and Hard Rock.

Portofino Bay, Bay View, 187.50 entertainment rate
Hard Rock Hotel, Rack Rate, 205.00
Hard Rock Hotel, Club level, Loew's First Discount, 239.00

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

My rates were:

Hard Rock Hotel: $159/night (in March)
PBH: $209/night (in May)

It was painful to pay, but worth it for FOTL! :)

Let's see:

PBH Kidsuite: Nov/99 Intro AP rate: $189
Garden room: April/00 AP rate: $159
Bay view room: Nov/00 AP rate: $179

Future: Kidsuite Oct/Nov 2001: Airline discount rate: $222.50
/$197 (reg/value season)

I just booked 2 nights at HRH--club room--pool view for $220/night--using AAA. We will be going Nov. 17th. I now have a Loews membership, so I was going to call back and see if I could get a better deal than that.

They supposingly had no ent. rates, but did "snag" introductory rate $149.00 at HRH ... at 1st they gave me same room for $185.00... glad I kept calling back!!

Portofino GardenView room $160 a night with an upgrade to a Villa Room...(Dec 2000)

Hard Rock PoolView room 129.50 with the entertainment rate (Aug 2001)

June 2000, $259 AP discount upgrade to butler villa
Portifino

June 2001, $129 Ent rate, pool view upgrade to club level
HRH

We have ressies for March 2002, Garden View, AAA rate - $188. I keep calling back to try and do better, but so far, no luck. Neither Entertainment Rates nor AP rates are in their system yet. If anyone does better for next year, please post ASAP.

Donna

Hey lorivegas, we too are going 9/7 - 9/10/01! We got $180 at PBH (gardenview) using AAA rate. They said they didn't have Entertainment rates available. I have since gotten my Loews card so I will call again to give them my number and see if anything better comes along. This is our first trip so we are very excited!

HRH poolview for $139 (not including tax) using Fan Club discount. We will be staying there for two nights: 8/21 and 8/22.

You will LOVE HRH !! We went in April,... some problems with our checkout bill,... but what an awesome pool and hotel!! (Drinks are very expensive , though!!):eek: If you have any questions about the parks or hotel... just ask!!:) :D :earsgirl:

We got ent. rate for HRH -Aug 23rd thru the 28th for $117.50 for the standard room. Davehaj.

Kidsuites rates: Oct 29-Nov 3-01: 50% off rack rates: $222.50-$197 (reg/val rate)

When Portofino first opened, we got a passholder rate of $117.50, and the hotel was empty! In fact, once we were there we tried to get a second room for a family member but they weren't selling more rooms. Since then, the best rate we've gotten is $159 for a standard view.

How did you get prices like 117.00 and 129.00 at the HRH?? I am totally clueless to this stuff, going in Nov. and wanted to stay at HRH but was told it would be around $190.00 what is a LOEWS card and an entertainment discount?? Please let me know, thanks ....mistymornin

Hey Mistimornin! Welcome from the southern part of the State!!

The really good rates are entertainment rates, which you can get by purchasing an Entertainment book. There is a website for this www.entertainment.com. When you call Universal, just ask if they have any entertainment book discounts, but they aren't always offered. If you are able to get one, you just have to purchase the entertainment book before you leave. The book is $40.00 by the way, so if you can get a great rate it is well worth the cost!

Other discounts offered are the Loew's First discount and AAA discount. These discounts aren't usually as deep, but definitely better than rack rate. You can sign up for the Loew's First Casd at www.loewshotels.com. It cost nothing to join Loew's First.

Hope this helps!

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter