Best resort beach to watch MK FWks

bluecastle

DIS Veteran
Need some opinions. Thinking about viewing the MK fireworks from a resort beach and wanted to know which you thought was the best view. (will also try to combine with having dinner beforehand at GF Cafe, Kona, Trails End, or maybe Steakhouse 71)
Poly, GF, FtW, or Contemp?

We like CR viewing from the 4th floor balcony that they have. So much closer then all the others and you can still make out some of the images on the castle during the fireworks. Next would be GF just outside by Gasperella's.

I don't know if it's being done currently, but pre-shutdown you had to be staying at the CR, GF or Poly to watch from their respective locations. CMs checked MagicBands to verify.

A good alternative is buying snacks and drinks at WL's outdoor lounge, Geyser Point. There's a great view of the fireworks from there. Plus, you can sit and relax until they begin.

We enjoyed watching them from the Poly beach. Haven't tried it from the other resorts. Had a gorgeous sunset before the fireworks and lots of room to watch.

I’ve stayed at poly and GF numerous times and have never seen Cms checking magic bands of anyone trying to catch the fireworks. Just my experience, though I don’t ever go at super busy times of the year. My fave spots are poly beach and 4th floor observation deck of CR. By the ferry docks at the TTC is good too, although obviously not a resort. We had a waiter at ohana tell us this past may that he brings his mom to the poly to watch the fireworks and syncs up a YouTube vid of the castle projections with the music so she can see the projections going on at the same time. Thought that was a neat idea

I don't know if it's being done currently, but pre-shutdown you had to be staying at the CR, GF or Poly to watch from their respective locations. CMs checked MagicBands to verify.

A good alternative is buying snacks and drinks at WL's outdoor lounge, Geyser Point. There's a great view of the fireworks from there. Plus, you can sit and relax until they begin.
I’m hoping that having an ADR at the hotel will get us access

I’m hoping that having an ADR at the hotel will get us access
Having an ADR will get you into the parking lot, if you’re using Disney transportation it doesn’t matter. You don’t need an ADR or to be a guest of the resort to watch the fireworks, except on maybe New Years or 4th of July. I’ve never seen them turn non guests away on normal nights.

Mannnnnnnnnnn I need my Poly trip to happen ASAP after reading how much everyone loves the vibe there. Can’t come fast enough!

Only on major holiday's where they are special fireworks.
I've caught fireworks at GF and Poly
No one checked bands on random days. Most recently we went to Poly in February.

Only on major holiday's where they are special fireworks.
I've caught fireworks at GF and Poly
No one checked bands on random days. Most recently we went to Poly in February.
Thanks for that reassurance. Going mid-November, so no holiday or special events.
Which viewing area did you like better, Poly or GF?

A good alternative is buying snacks and drinks at WL's outdoor lounge, Geyser Point. There's a great view of the fireworks from there. Plus, you can sit and relax .

A strange post or two on this thread. Anyway, OP, I vote Poly main beach all the way. Audio is fantastic (the speakers installed along the way over the last couple of years have really improved conditions), it’s a decently large area so you can move around/shuffle depending on the crowd landscape, it’s the most “direct” view and of the show with the best angle, Barefoot Pool Bar is steps away for a beverage while you wait, or something To Go from Tambu Lounge or Trader Sams Tiki Terrace. Check for Electrical Water Pageant times and you may also be catch that too. A great way to end a Disney day. Nothing wrong at all with other resort viewing places, but IMHO Poly main beach has the best overall package.

Haven't tried all of the places listed by the OP, but when we last stayed at the Contemporary, enjoyed watching the fireworks from that patio area (on same floor as Chef Mickey's) past the gift shops. No one every checked to see if we were staying there. I have seen other threads mention on certain peak days, they restrict the beach areas to those who are guests, I think that is what some others are referring to.

If watching from the patio, you avoid the huge crowds all exiting the park at the same time with obviously long lines/waits for any mode of transportation. You can't really see whatever those lighted exhibits are at ground level, but we enjoyed the fireworks and were already back at our resort and no crowds to deal with.

We stayed at BLT in March last year, watched fireworks from the bridge to CR. On October 1st, WDW anniversary, we were at CR. I watched from the beach both Sept 30 & Oct 1st. Plus one night of a short stay this April. No CMs checking bands any of those nights. The fireworks were huge overhead, no music there tho. The area wasn’t crowded at all.

A strange post or two on this thread. Anyway, OP, I vote Poly main beach all the way. Audio is fantastic (the speakers installed along the way over the last couple of years have really improved conditions), it’s a decently large area so you can move around/shuffle depending on the crowd landscape, it’s the most “direct” view and of the show with the best angle, Barefoot Pool Bar is steps away for a beverage while you wait, or something To Go from Tambu Lounge or Trader Sams Tiki Terrace. Check for Electrical Water Pageant times and you may also be catch that too. A great way to end a Disney day. Nothing wrong at all with other resort viewing places, but IMHO Poly main beach has the best overall package.
Thank you! We did that one trip and really enjoyed it. I just like the idea of eating at GF Café more than Kona. :) But if no one is checking to see if we are allowed to be there, we could eat at any of the mono resorts and just scoot over to the Poly in time for the fireworks. 4 of the 5 days we are there will be party nights, and with MK closing at 6 pm I’m just trying to give my granddaughter a little more magic on her first trip.

Haven't tried all of the places listed by the OP, but when we last stayed at the Contemporary, enjoyed watching the fireworks from that patio area (on same floor as Chef Mickey's) past the gift shops. No one every checked to see if we were staying there. I have seen other threads mention on certain peak days, they restrict the beach areas to those who are guests, I think that is what some others are referring to.

If watching from the patio, you avoid the huge crowds all exiting the park at the same time with obviously long lines/waits for any mode of transportation. You can't really see whatever those lighted exhibits are at ground level, but we enjoyed the fireworks and were already back at our resort and no crowds to deal with.
I have no interest in the projections, I just love fireworks! Since my 3 year old granddaughter has not been at a fireworks show before, I figured it would be better for her to view them from a distance.

Thank you! We did that one trip and really enjoyed it. I just like the idea of eating at GF Café more than Kona. :) But if no one is checking to see if we are allowed to be there, we could eat at any of the mono resorts and just scoot over to the Poly in time for the fireworks. 4 of the 5 days we are there will be party nights, and with MK closing at 6 pm I’m just trying to give my granddaughter a little more magic on her first trip.

You'll be fine - no one is checking (that only happens on 7/4 and 12/31) and anyone - resort guest or not - is allowed to be there.

My only slight word of caution with Poly is that it is rather popular... if you're going for one of the adirondack chairs or a specific spot on the beach you're best to arrive plenty early. Otherwise you can kind of wing it with your arrival a bit, but I'd still err on the early side to allow you to size up conditions and pick a spot.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter