Best Resort Dinner?

abr155

Earning My Ears
Staying at AK one night and enjoying a pool day there all day before transferring to POP. Looking for a fun, yummy dinner (2 adults and 2.5 year old) for that night for my birthday!

Could be easily accessible by Skyliner or anywhere not in a park! Not really interested in Disney Springs though I know they have great food bc kind of want to see other resorts!

Staying at AK one night and enjoying a pool day there all day before transferring to POP. Looking for a fun, yummy dinner (2 adults and 2.5 year old) for that night for my birthday!

Could be easily accessible by Skyliner or anywhere not in a park! Not really interested in Disney Springs though I know they have great food bc kind of want to see other resorts!

Are you referring to the night you are staying at AK? If so, I would actually consider lunch at Sanaa so you can see the animals. If you prefer to do something on the Skyliner, I would consider Topolino's dinner and then taking a ride over to the Boardwalk area for a stroll and to see the evening entertainment. If you want something more "fun", perhaps look at 'Ohana, Whispering Canyon or Artist Point with Snow White. You could also consider Hoop Dee Doo, though transportation to Ft. W from another resort is a bit tricky.

Our family's fav resort restaurants are: Whispering Canyon, Captains Grill, Sanaa, Steakhouse 70, Sebastians.

Flying Fish is lovely at the Boardwalk and I second the PP who suggested the activities on the Boardwalk afterward. Also, Yachtsman at the Yacht Club is very nice and then you could explore YC and Beach Club and walk over to the Boardwalk as well. Lots of choices in that area...Trattoria al Forno, Cape May (if you enjoy seafood). Hope you have a great birthday!

If indeed it is the day you are staying at the pool & are going to still be at AK, then I would also recommend Boma, as a PP stated.... It's like no ordinary Buffet, in fact a buffet is not even a good word for this place.

Sanaa definitely is good, but if you're a particularly a picky eater, then I wouldn't suggest. The atmosphere is 2nd to none though, and the service is top notch. Also Jiko which is a step up, but that would be one I recommend if it were just the 2 of you, on like a special date nite or such... Not that your 2.5 yr old wouldn't behave or enjoy, but theres not many lil ones in there TBH.

Now You did mention something near the Skyliner, & a PP mentioned Sebastians, which we just did 2 years ago, and thought it was very nice find... & we actually took a nice stroll around the resort which was nice. Wilnerss Lodge & fort Wilderness are 2 good spots to explore, once you're done with dinner as well, & have very good options for you. Between WCC, or Geyser Point. or perhaps Trails end... Enjoy in whichever you choose. :thumbsup2

Some of the best food and restaurants right on property between Boma, Sanaa and Jiko. Every one of our trips to WDW includes a visit to one of these - and we never stay at Animal Kingdom. Typically, we try to also hit the Starlight Safarai after dinner as an added extra for making the trip out there.

As others have said, there are plenty of other options everywhere else - so it depends if you are looking to escape being at the resort all day - or just wanting to lean into luxuriating for the full day in one place since you are only there for one night.

I’d second (third!) either Sanaa or Boma if it’s the day you’re staying at AKL.

Sanaa is great to do if you want to see the animals while you eat. Bread service is great

Bona has a great buffet, while I wouldn’t categorize it as amazing, it is very, very good. They have a curry lamb soup which is amazing and my favorite dish, but it’s only served on certain days (definitely not Sundays)

Some of the best food and restaurants right on property between Boma, Sanaa and Jiko. Every one of our trips to WDW includes a visit to one of these - and we never stay at Animal Kingdom.
Absolutely agree 100%. If you're already at AKL, recommend taking advantage of one of the great options at AKL - you have the buffet (Boma), the amazing Sanaa, and the fine dining of Jiko to choose from! All really very good. Check out the menus and see what you might like best!

Agree, Boma. If you were to do lunch then Sanaa as yo can often see the animals while dining.

Flying Fish. The restaurants at AKL are good but none of them are on the level of FF. You can also enjoy The Boardwalk and take a nice walk around Crescent Lake after dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter