• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best resort for family of 5 (with teens)

But you have to remember that connecting rooms are not guaranteed. So if you get two that are not connected, the two adults will have to separate (one into each room) for the duration of the trip. Guests must be at least 18 yrs old to be the adult in the room.

Very true, there is that risk. I'm guessing the risk is fairly low, but it is there.

Dan

I know it's a value, but we stayed at AoA in a Nemo suite. We loved it and the kids loved all of the extra room. My kids are 14, 12, and 10. Two bathrooms, a pull down bed, and couch bed. We've stayed at deluxe and were perfectly happy at the value. Good luck & happy planning!!!

How comfortable is the pull down murphy bed?

Thank you all so much! Looks like I have some researching to do. It may be a couple years before we get back, but I think the planning is half the fun. Thanks again!!!!

we just had a wonderful stay at BC. We loved the resort, pool, and how close it is to EPCOT and HS. We did not love that all 5 of us slept in the same room. Our kids are 14, 14, and 10. It was just a bit cramped and I think we’d really enjoy a second bathroom. What would you guys suggest for a future stay? We are not DVC members, can we still rent a villa? How does that work? I’m already planning our next trip and we are still at the Orlando airport!
Thanks for your help!
I hear you! We just did the BC for several nights and our kids are similar in age. When we started going to Disney about 6 years ago we stayed value at AoA. Then we went to the Poly...and then came our next few years at Deluxe. This year we all agreed we are going back to our roots at staying at AoA next time! We love that you don't have to share a bus there (this wasn't an issue at YC/BC--but we feel the monorail resorts the bus sharing takes a ton of time and the buses are often packed--can't get a seat). We appreciate the theme of the AoA--our favorites are Finding Nemo (closer to the main stuff) or Cars (you will appreciate a nice quiet pool here). They only have QS option, but the food court is large, varied, and stays open late. They have a fantastic gift shop and an arcade. You can also walk over to the Pop for their food court (AoA can get a little fancy and finicky eaters might not appreciate this as much). Keep in mind it will be on the Skyliner soon! The BEST thing though for us will be two bathrooms, plenty of space, and a separate room for my husband and I to sleep in. I was so tired of watching kids TV while in the room this trip:-).

I hear you! We just did the BC for several nights and our kids are similar in age. When we started going to Disney about 6 years ago we stayed value at AoA. Then we went to the Poly...and then came our next few years at Deluxe. This year we all agreed we are going back to our roots at staying at AoA next time! We love that you don't have to share a bus there (this wasn't an issue at YC/BC--but we feel the monorail resorts the bus sharing takes a ton of time and the buses are often packed--can't get a seat). We appreciate the theme of the AoA--our favorites are Finding Nemo (closer to the main stuff) or Cars (you will appreciate a nice quiet pool here). They only have QS option, but the food court is large, varied, and stays open late. They have a fantastic gift shop and an arcade. You can also walk over to the Pop for their food court (AoA can get a little fancy and finicky eaters might not appreciate this as much). Keep in mind it will be on the Skyliner soon! The BEST thing though for us will be two bathrooms, plenty of space, and a separate room for my husband and I to sleep in. I was so tired of watching kids TV while in the room this trip:-).

Yes! Tired of sharing the bathroom, tv and space. We also learned our kids talk in their sleep and mutter all night. I know I sound completely spoiled but I’m hoping for some more space next trip. We’ll check out AoA for sure. Thanks!

Yes! Tired of sharing the bathroom, tv and space. We also learned our kids talk in their sleep and mutter all night. I know I sound completely spoiled but I’m hoping for some more space next trip. We’ll check out AoA for sure. Thanks!
Our daughter, we discovered, is a teeth grinder! Ha ha...not at all spoiled. Having stayed at both value and deluxe, there is nothing terrible at AoA. We really like it, and I think you would too. The largest reason we went away from it (we stayed there our first 3 trips we liked it so much) was for the fancier pools with water slides and such--and this trip we found they didn't use the pool as much anyway...so back to AoA we go!

Our daughter, we discovered, is a teeth grinder! Ha ha...not at all spoiled. Having stayed at both value and deluxe, there is nothing terrible at AoA. We really like it, and I think you would too. The largest reason we went away from it (we stayed there our first 3 trips we liked it so much) was for the fancier pools with water slides and such--and this trip we found they didn't use the pool as much anyway...so back to AoA we go!

I dont know much about AOA. It doesn't have a fancy or nice pool?

I dont know much about AOA. It doesn't have a fancy or nice pool?
Actually it has 3 pools all themed. The big blue pool is the main one, Finding Nemo theme, and if you go under water you can hear music. However, like all the values, it doesn't have water slides, etc. My kids went through a huge phase where slides, those play structure water things--like at the Poly--were a huge hit.

Another choice could be a cabin in FW, but, again, there is only one bathroom.
We didn't mind the only one bathroom, we were on a loop very close to a pool and comfort station (although never needed to use it). It was just soooo nice to have a kitchen, table, sitting area and separate beds for everyone. Plus we had a blast driving our golf cart around.

Especially as your kids will be older having more space is priceless-Consider offsite (blasphemy I know lol). BUT we can only do a few days onsite before we all crave having the space of offsite with a fraction of cost (yes, even with rental car if needed, and parking fees at parks). Many offsite resorts also have very good pools and poolside activities and they aren't near as crowded as Disney resorts!

I really like to have space as well even though we only have 2 kids. I have tried pretty much all the options on this thread except the AKL villa which I am going to try for in my trip next year.

The AoA family suites were surprisingly awesome. We got a preferred room which was well worth it. My son lived in the pool that week, and it is very centrally located with no bus sharing, and that can’t be overstated as a benefit. We also enjoyed the food court.

On the flip side, the Fort Wilderness cabins have a ton of space, but the internal bus system was very slow and the pull down Murphy bed was dreadfully uncomfortable, but I think those are gone now in favor of pull out couches.

The All star family suites lacked any sort of charm, but they did the job. No frills, but you are guaranteed two baths and a connecting space.

Boardwalk villas were fantastic for location, near Epcot. Lovely rooms also, but they don’t sleep 5.

Old key west was surprisingly nice, and I haven’t seen it mentioned here! The only down side is the size of the resort makes bus travel fairly long, similar to Fort Wilderness. But the rooms were HUGE and they have these awesome porches! The vibe of OKW is a bit less Disney over all, but it is very chill. They also sleep 5 with a pull out chair.

We usually stay at the Poly because the rooms are large. We also recently stayed at BC, and with 3 children we found it SOOOO CRAMPED as well! We are staying at BLT in a one bedroom villa in January. The Poly Standard rooms are really large and a great choice. I just wanted to have a washer for all the stinky marathon clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter