Best resort for money?

Mel4306

Earning My Ears
Haven’t been to Disney in forever, so never as an adult. I was going to stay with a friend at all star movies. I’m aware that the all star resorts are the best bargain, however, without spending an arm and a leg more, what’s the next best resort off all star? (I’m looking at art of animation, but am having a hard time finding dates available. Potentially going with a friend in the fall, but most likely solo next spring.

You might be able to find a great deal at Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs, but you'll have to accept the tradeoff of whatever construction is going on during your stay.

Pop Century is the next step up from the all stars. It's just been refurbished so the rooms feel nice.

Art of Animation regular room (little mermaid) is the next step up.

I would say Pop is the next step up. Maybe AoA Little Mermaid, but those rooms are very far from the main areas. If you want to make a leap, look into POR or POFQ.

Haven’t been to Disney in forever, so never as an adult. I was going to stay with a friend at all star movies. I’m aware that the all star resorts are the best bargain, however, without spending an arm and a leg more, what’s the next best resort off all star? (I’m looking at art of animation, but am having a hard time finding dates available. Potentially going with a friend in the fall, but most likely solo next spring.

POP and AoA are the best values IMO if you're looking for clean, close disney property accommodations. Try for POP (other side of the lake from AoA) and see if you can find rooms there. Depending on when you're going, those hotels may be pretty booked since they're value and those rooms tend to go fast especially during promo periods like free dining, etc. Pop has good bus service and some of the rooms have been remodeled, can't recall which building numbers but you can google it and see.

If you can get a discount on a moderate, you may have some luck there. Check the room discount thread and see what's out there for your visit time frame too. Good luck.

agree Pop Century would be next step up - it's a fun resort and not as spread out as AoA if you're in a standard room

Honestly, best resort for the money is staying offsite. Staying "in the bubble" does have a couple of advantages left. However, you'd have to determine what you value the most - and what you'd pay for that value. Value resorts are the cheapest, but that doesn't mean they offer the most *value*. Do you need a coffee maker in the room? How much space do you need? What amenities do you expect? And how much are you willing to pay for any of the above?

Sticking in the value level, Pop is probably the nicest overall. That said, you can often find discounts that make a moderate not much more.

As an adult (with or without a travel companion), I'd look into booking a moderate. Just because a moderate hotel will have a lounge which I don't think the values have, aside from a pool bar.

What do you value?

Space? Stay off site
Amenities like a coffee maker? Stay moderate/above or off site
Proximity to a park? Stay deluxe
Price? value, or offsite even when paying for rental car etc.
Privacy? offsite

The wonderful thing is that there's a million ways to do Disney. I won't stay onsite unless it's for a conference and employer is paying for it. I value space, and I don't see the free airport transportation as a perk. Driving a rental car is just as quick as waiting for and a riding a Disney bus. I also value privacy and Disney does not, so all that adds up to me staying off site most of the time.

I don’t necessarily care much about space, how often are you really in the room while in Disney?! But I do want the perk of being able to partake in EMH, and staying offsite you aren’t able to enjoy that perk. I wouldn’t be renting a car, why when there’s plenty of other services to and from places?

I don’t necessarily care much about space, how often are you really in the room while in Disney?! But I do want the perk of being able to partake in EMH, and staying offsite you aren’t able to enjoy that perk. I wouldn’t be renting a car, why when there’s plenty of other services to and from places?

I think that was the point. Consider what you want out of your accommodations. Some people value space more than proximity. Others value proximity more than space. Some people don't get up for EMH. Some people want to easily go back to their hotels for mid-afternoon breaks, while others go commando in the parks. Some HATE riding (and waiting for) Disney buses with the fiery passion of 10,000 suns, and will drive to the parks even when staying onsite. Others find Disney transportation to be one of the best perks. So what the best value is will depend on what you value. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well, but does that make sense?

That said, there are a number of off-site hotels in Disney Springs which now have EMH and 60-day FP bookings as part of their amenities. As an adult traveler, you might want to look into them, as their prices can be quite competitive (especially if you can find a deal), and they're all walking distance from the restaurants and nightlife of Disney Springs.

Port Orleans Riverside is my choice for most bang for the buck...and I usually stay at Deluxe Resorts. But when I want to stay ON property, this is where I go because it's a great value. Worth it to get the Royal room because the location is better. I was SUPER impressed with the food court here as well as the pool. If I can "splurge" and get a great discount I go to Yacht Club - but POR is my #1 for on a budget.

Isn't the agency exclusive at the Poly the best deal at Disneyworld??? I like massive discounts so that is where I stay.

Hi Mel Mel,

If you're looking for best bang for your buck and flying solo I'd recommend the POFQ. The resort itself is amazing and one of my favorites, for sure my favorite for the money. And it has lots of advantages for a solo traveler in particular IMO including:

Theming and landscaping is amazing. Resort is large so lots of nooks and crannys explore.
Boat access to Disney Springs for some great bars, restaurants and nightlife.
It's has a nice location on property so Uber fares will be cheap and can take you where you want.
Close to Epcot / World Showcase

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Only other one I would recommend is the Swan or Dolphin but I hesitate a bit on that. Location can't be beat for sure and the price is usually right. But in my opinion these properties lack the Disney charm and theming which makes a trip so special. For whatever reason I just don't feel like I'm in that same "Disney Bubble" when I'm there.

Good luck!

Isn't the agency exclusive at the Poly the best deal at Disneyworld??? I like massive discounts so that is where I stay.

I think it depends on what you're comparing it to. If you're comparing it to the cost of paying rack rate at a Deluxe, then it's a great deal. If you're comparing it to a Value or an offsite hotel, it's an up-sell. At $300-$400 per night (ballpark guess based on references from a couple other threads, but I don't know the exact price), it's a great price compared to what the Poly usually goes for, but if I were planning to keep my lodging costs to around $100-$150 per night, your great deal doubles or triples my budget, which wouldn't be a great deal for me.

Since OP's point of reference is All Stars, I'd say POP is the next step up (renovated rooms, good theming, direct bus service, good food court, and access to AoA's drawing class and food court).

AoA's prices tend to be close enough to moderates, that I'd probably just do a moderate or look offsite. OP could probably get a great deal on one of the Disney Springs hotels, which give most (not all) Disney hotel perks, with rooms that tend to be nicer than All Stars. For an adults-only or solo trip, I'd prefer something in DS where I could easily access nightlife and restaurants rather than be relatively isolated at a Value.

I'm just saying, I get that it's quick or what not to use your car, but there's something to be said for when your staying on the property to using any and all of their transportation to figuring where your car is. I mean, I may go to MK (and by the way this one drops you off at MK, not TTC), then decide I want to eat at Olivia's, so hop a bus there, then go to DS from there before going back to my resort. Or perhaps I'm at Epcot, and want to monorail over to something else. The bus , Disney transportation, etc., Is not nearly as bad as some hype it up to be, in fact it's pretty freeing esp if your someone in a situation where you are all capable of hopping around and have hoppers. Many of the other resorts may have shuttles that are limited in runs.

Have you looked into renting DVC points? We are doing that for the first time and ended up paying around $1200 for a week at OKW the week after Thanksgiving.

Have you looked into renting DVC points? We are doing that for the first time and ended up paying around $1200 for a week at OKW the week after Thanksgiving.

Only problem with that is aren't they non-refundable and you have to book early enough?

Honestly, best resort for the money is staying offsite. Staying "in the bubble" does have a couple of advantages left. However, you'd have to determine what you value the most - and what you'd pay for that value. Value resorts are the cheapest, but that doesn't mean they offer the most *value*. Do you need a coffee maker in the room? How much space do you need? What amenities do you expect? And how much are you willing to pay for any of the above?

Sticking in the value level, Pop is probably the nicest overall. That said, you can often find discounts that make a moderate not much more.
Pop has or nearly has all rooms refurbished now-especially for a solo traveler where you can keep the second murphy bed up and have it a table space. we are looking at Pop again for August. Much prefer this resort over All Stars.

I think that was the point. Consider what you want out of your accommodations. Some people value space more than proximity. Others value proximity more than space. Some people don't get up for EMH. Some people want to easily go back to their hotels for mid-afternoon breaks, while others go commando in the parks. Some HATE riding (and waiting for) Disney buses with the fiery passion of 10,000 suns, and will drive to the parks even when staying onsite. Others find Disney transportation to be one of the best perks. So what the best value is will depend on what you value. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well, but does that make sense?

That said, there are a number of off-site hotels in Disney Springs which now have EMH and 60-day FP bookings as part of their amenities. As an adult traveler, you might want to look into them, as their prices can be quite competitive (especially if you can find a deal), and they're all walking distance from the restaurants and nightlife of Disney Springs.
As far offsite I would personally go with being solo would be Disney Springs. Right now there is an offer from Mousesavers waived resort fees and 30% off-puts a poolside room at $100 per night at B Resort for our august dates, and they allow 60 day FP and EMH. Other than MK busses aren't a whole lot different. Still no DME though.

But the best bang for buck I have personally found was with Coronado Springs-even with construction, especially if planning some down time at the resort. More food options, better pool, great landscaping etc. Does depend on if a convention has sucked up a lot of rooms though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter