• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Resort for Young Children

CrystalGill

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I am planning my kids’ first trip to WDW in December of 2021. They will be almost 4 and almost 2 at the time of travel. I am wondering which resort you would choose and why? I am considering renting some DVC points to save some cash so I will probably be choosing a deluxe villa hotel with a standard room. I love the idea of the Riviera because it’s new and because of the skyliner. I am also considering the monorail resorts for proximity to MK. I know Poly has the biggest studio rooms....BLT has theme park views available but the rooms are smaller. GFV and BLT are also walkable to MK. I also love Wilderness Lodge during the holidays. I can’t decide! Help! Thanks in advance!

Wilderness Lodge.
Great kiddie pool.
Waterfall.
Christmas tree.
Grounds with paw prints to track in the cement.
So much more when fireworks and campfires and friendship boats are added...

So much more when fireworks and campfires and friendship boats are added...

Just a small note... the Friendship Boats are the ones that serve the Epcot resorts.

For WL at the moment, the WL-MK boat is running. The WL-FW-CR boat is not running.

Of course, who knows by December 2021.

With kids those ages, I would pick something close to MK. We stayed at WL when my younger son was a baby. It was a pain to fold up the stroller for the boat (every other one was the small one). When my oldest son was 4, we stayed at the contemporary in a theme park view room and his reaction was priceless. He loved watching everything from the balcony and the novelty of the monorail going through the hotel was fascinating to him. He asked at a different hotel where the monorail was!😀
Being walking distance to MK will be worth it!

I second CR. The walk to MK is quick and it’s awesome with the monorail running through it. You can easily catch the monorail to visit the poly or GF for additional food options. It took all of 30 minutes to leave MK, change into bathing suits and be down by the pool. There is a viewing spot outside on the 4th floor, if fireworks are back you can watch from there and they play the music through speakers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter