• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best resorts to pool hop to with a 3 year old?

utahkennedys

DIS Veteran
Our first DVC trip to OKW is in a few weeks, and I am trying to keep it low-key and relaxing since we were just at WDW for 8 days in April and did lots of parks.

What resort pools do you think a 3 year old would have the most fun pool hopping to? Is POR fun?

Thanks! :flower:

If your child can swim on his own, BWV has areally fun clown pool with a slide that comes out the clowns mouth and dumps into the pool. He has to be able to go down it by himself though.

I would just stay at "home."

SAB and I think Poly are zero entry -- can't hop to SAB. I'm in the minority but my favorite pool at WDW (after SAB and the water parks) is CR. It tends to be less crowded and has a nice presence on the lake.

OneMoreTry said:
I would just stay at "home."

SAB and I think Poly are zero entry -- can't hop to SAB. I'm in the minority but my favorite pool at WDW (after SAB and the water parks) is CR. It tends to be less crowded and has a nice presence on the lake.

I agree with your comments. I love the pool at CR.

We pool hopped Poly when DD was 3. Very cool. She had a ball.

If I might offer my 2 cents ... we usually stay at OKW and just down the road is SSR with a nice zero entry pool with fountains, a mostly 3' or so depth and two slides (one decent outdoor slide and one very small for little ones). It also has a small "splashing" fountain area with a statue of Donald. It's a short walk from the parking lot in front.
Have a great time!

Dave

We just got back from a trip to Beach Club and before we went there we spent 5 nights at French Quarter. We loved the pool there. It has a big sea serpent and the slide is his tongue -- very cool. The slide is slow and not too steep, even I went on it! There were zillions of chairs and an adjacent pool bar (pina coladas make me happy.) There is even shade IN the pool, under the serpent's tummy. My kids (7 and 11) rated this pool on their list of faves. Plus it is 2 seconds away from OKW.

Have fun!

When we had young ones with us we would go over to Port Orleans French Quarter. They have a nice slide made for the younger set. It is also very close to OKW.

SSR does have a nice pool, but it is small and fills up quickly.

Have a great trip.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

For a 3 year old, I agree that the serpent slide at POFQ is goodl Also, any zero-entry pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter