• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best restaurant for steak and potatoes?

lauriko

Mouseketeer
As I am not a red meat eater, I have no idea!

Anyone have suggestions? Preferably ones that won't break the bank...

Thanks!

Hmmmmm. I do like red meat, and since I limit it at home, we tend to order it out. In WDW I have had a nice steak at Mama Melrose and at San Angel Inn. Of course SAI was not steak and potatoes, but it was flavorful and well cooked.

I have heard that the Turf CLub at Saratoga Springs has a nice steak that is reasonably priced as well.

Le Cellier was a great steak, but is probably a budget buster! I really enjoyed the steak and potatoes I had at Coral Reef, I was surprised because it is mostly seafood (which I don't eat). Ive been there a few times since the first and was never disappointed.

We find Le Cellier to be amazing. Every time we have been, our server and food was amazing! I do not mind paying for a great steak. As long as it's great.

Tiffins also has a spectacular steak. Well worth the money.

If you want Prime Rib, try Olivia's at Old Key West. It's excellent, and not a budget buster.

Steve

Wine Bar George has a great steak dish that is sharable for multiple people. It is two credits on the DDP but my wife and I had trouble finishing it. I also had a good steak at Skippers Canteen this last trip and they let you choose sides. We also ate at Shulas and Yachtsman on our last trip. Both were amazing but also very expensive.

We love Le Cellier. My family members who had streak at Chefs really enjoyed it.
They also liked it for dinner at BOG before the new menu.

Although expensive, I really liked the chargrilled steak at Le Cellier which was full of flavor. I like well-marbled ribeye steaks.

I am going to have to try The Wave for the filet and Olivia's for the prime rib next time.

Thanks everyone! I'll give my friends the suggestions and see which they choose!

I don't eat a lot of red meat but I've had really good steak at the following:

The Wave, perfectly cooked filet mignon served with au gratin potatoes (so good) & grilled asparagus or the short ribs and mashed. One of our favorite meals in August.
The Turf Club, excellent prime rib & mashed, served with a side of brocolini but even better rare lamb loin with gnocci.
Olivia's, NY Strip with chimichurri, or prime rib with a wine/demi glace reduction (it would be good on a shoe) Always a great meal.

These are all very good and reasonably priced for Disney.

More expensive,

Le Cellier, the ribeye, spinach, roasted potatoes... so good. Go very late, the ambiance improves greatly.
Wine Bar George, succulent skirts steak, served family style, atop a copious amount of roasted potatoe wedges, and grilled asparagus. This was one of our best meals in August.

I don't frequent Shula's, yes they have excellent meat, but the prices are ridiculous and the sides are a la carte. Just a personal pet peeve.

Last edited:
Boathouse is my #1 now mainly because they have the ability to cook steaks like Gibson's in Chicago where they char the outside but the inside is my favorite medium rare (high temp broiler). Yachtsman would be my #2 as the steaks are good and the truffles mac and cheese is better than good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter