• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best restaurants for vegans

epcotobsessed

DIS Veteran
We will be traveling with a vegan for the first time this trip - I have an idea of some of the restaurants that will have the best offerings for him, but any advice from experienced vegan folks? Thanks!

Thanks! I saw that and all of the linked blogs were last updated between 2012-2015. I know I can read through the pages, and I will, just wondering if anyone has any recent experiences they can share.

California Grill does a nice job.
The Animal Kingdom Lodge restaurants all have thoughtful vegan choices.
We haven't been yet, but the Ale & Compass menu looks great.
Satuli Canteen.
It's a very small menu for vegans, but we loved our meal at Flying Fish.
The quick service at the Grand has several nice choices.
Yachtsman just got a new veg*n menu, which we're hoping to try this summer.

Actually, many restaurants across WDW have really been upping their game with vegan selections. Unfortunately, it is usually just one or 2 items per restaurant, so not a lot of variety, but there are options.

Some I can think of right off my head:

Casey’s has a vegan hot dog
Liberty Tree Tavern has a vegan meatloaf
Sunshine Seasons has several vegan options
Sci Fi Dine in has vegan lettuce wraps
Be our Guest lunch and dinner has vegan options
At Yak and Yeti, tofu can be subbed for meat
Plaza ice cream parlor offers plant based ice cream options (I can’t remember which ones exactly)

There are a lot of restaurants that offer vegan burgers and I believe at several pizza places, vegan cheese is an option (I think you have to ask for it).

I would probably just check out menus from the Disney site and go from there.

ETA...Dole Whip is vegan!!!!

Find out whether your vegan friend / family member likes the idea of fake meat or not. Disney is great at catering to dietary requirements but many of the options for vegans include meat substitutes - something no one in my family is willing to try as meat is not food in our minds. I do however see many vegans raving about these options at Disney so it would be good to understand their preferences when making reservations.

A surprising location is rose and crown - they've recently changed the menu and now have several vegan choices

I noticed this as well. It seems Disney has really put an effort into making vegan options more available. I know they had vegan sausage and mashed potatoes here. I'm not vegan but was a vegetarian for a long time and had a hard time years ago finding enough options. But on recent trips my kids with allergies were able to eat a number of new vegan additions on the menus. Rose and Crown and Ale and Compass come to mind right away. CBR food court as well. Be Our Guest already had some options too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter