• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best restaurants with NO park ticket?

Thank you everyone!

I should have clarified - I’m looking for a Saturday meal. We have Ohana and then MVMCP on Sunday. 🙂

I think our plan is to do a bit of resort hopping Saturday to see decorations (maybe Beach Club?) ending with lunch at Sanaa. Then Minnie Van back to our resort to swim, eat dinner at the resort, and get beignets for dessert.

We’ll plan on hopping to the monorail resorts to see decorations on Sunday after Ohana before getting to the party at 3:30ish.
We were able to eat at Jiko, Sanaa and Boma, just this past June. They were all wonderful, but if you have family members that are less adventurous, you could also think about trying Boma. It is a wonderful buffet at AKL with a wide range of foods, some African inspired dishes and yet I was also able to bring my dad, who only eats meat and bread, basically, oh, and some of the desserts, of course. You will have the bonus of exploring the AKL property before and after your dinner.

Edited now that I re-read your post....Boma doesn't open until 5pm, so it does not fit into your plan. If the weather turns poor and you don't think you'll end up going into the pool, then you could consider Boma for dinner ;>

Last edited:
Shula’s Steakhouse,, Jiko, Narcoossees, Amare ,Flying Fish,Todd English Blue Zoo

So many good options.
Consider:
Jaleo at DS
California Grill
Flying Fish
Blue Zoo
Toledo
Jiko or Boma
Citricos

On our last visit, we dined at CG, Flying Fish, Toledo, Jiko, and Citricos on our list and had amazing meals at every restaurant. YMMV.

What’s the best restaurant for a late lunch/dinner without a park ticket? We’re going for a weekend in December and are only doing the Christmas party. We already have Ohana booked for breakfast on our party day, and, as much as we love it, don’t
want to do the same restaurant twice.

ETA: it’ll be me, my husband, and our 4 kids. I’m an adventurous eater but everyone else is pretty reserved. We do all love Tusker House and Yak and Yeti though, so they sometimes branch out.
Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge is one of our favorite resort restaurants. The food is really good and its fun for kids and adults. The Christmas decor in the lobby is beautiful. We go every trip.

Why are people still replying to this thread? OP has made her decision. :laughing:

We’re staying at Port Orleans. We won’t have a car, but will have the whole day free to explore and eat, so we don’t mind travel as long as it’s on property. I’m hoping to see some decorations too.
You can always go to Disney springs and taje the busses to different resorts. I like the restaurants around the boardwalk.

Chef Art Smiths
Topolinos
Citricos
Yachtsmen Steakhouse
and ofcourse Victoria and Albert’s (just very expensive)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter