Best resturants not inside the parks

MrsG

<font color=peach>We teachers ARE the worst!<br><f
DH and I will be at BCV in a studio for a romantic week in Feb. We have decided to just enjoy the resort and have no intentions of visiting the parks.

What is your favorite resturant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and where is it located on the property?

What type of food?

We are not renting a car so we have to depend on WDW transportation or walking.

Thanks friends.

There are two great places I've been to for dinner that I would wholeheartedly recommend: The California Grill in the Contemporary and Artists Point in the Wilderness Lodge. Both had terrific food and a wonderful atmosphere.

Have a magical trip!

DVCDawn::MinnieMo

Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner. It's in the Yacht Club, so it's an easy walk from BCV.

Oddly enough, they serve steak :teeth:

grim
:teeth:

We like Narcoosee's in the GF.

Flying Fish is on my to do list - and right across from the Beach Club. Spoodles is supposed to still have a pretty good breakfast - if not the exceptional one they used to.

Lunch is tougher outside the parks - a lot of the resort restaurants don't bother with lunch, since few people are there to eat it. Big River and ESPN are (I believe) open. The ever popular Beaches and Creme is open. The golf courses are suppose to have some nice lunch spots. And there is "grab a sandwich at Hurricane Hannahs with a rum drink by the pool"

If you are a Seafood person then the Flying Fish or Fultons. PH is not to bad we also really liked California Grill.

We really enjoy 'Ohanas at the Poly, and Citricos at the GF. And would second the choices that DVCDawn offered of California Grill and Artist Point; they are fabulous!

And since you'll be at BCV, don't forget, there are a number of restaurants at the nearby Swan and Dolphin.

Enjoy!

I'll second the Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner. The Cape May breakfast is good also, but that is a character meal, so you might not want to do that, plus I think it requires a PS.

The Yacht Club Galley is supposed to have a good breakfast. We're going to try it in November.

Other dinner options would be Spoodles on the Boardwalk.

Lunch is a problem as another poster stated. Many resort restaurants don't open because most everyone is at the parks or doing something else. I know for a fact ESPN Club at the Boardwalk is open, and I do believe the Yacht Club Galley is open for lunch. I believe there are a couple of restaurants/café type places open at the S/D.

Good Luck and have a great stay!!

Brian

We really enjoy Artist point, flying fish , california grill and my new favorite jiko at AKL. For extra special occassions we wander off property to Emeril's at universal's citywalk. we took my parents there for their 35th anniversary and everyone loved it.

The House of Blues at Downtown Disney for a great cajun meal (and reasonably priced).

Boardwalk Bakery for Breakfast!

Boma at AKL is great for dinner and we have to get Tonga toast for breakfast at Kona Cafe at Poly or out trip is not complete.

MrsG, although it would require admission to EPCOT, there are the World Showcase restaurants to choose from. Le Cellier's in Canada would be my choice! Then watch those spectacular fireworks before walking back to BVC!!

We also like Ohanas at the Poly - very unique and you won't go away hungry! Certainly not as romantic as some of the other suggestions you've received...

Sounds like a great trip to look forward to!!

Palio's at The Swan - Italian, romantic atmosphere with strolling violinists.
Jiko's at AKL - more subdued atmosphere then some restaurants. Excellent food, wine and service.

I enjoy Ohanas, California Grill, and Trails End Buffet at the Wilderness Campground, you can't beat the price, and there is so many choices!!!!

Many good suggestions already. Within walking distance, I'd add the Dolphin Fountain as a good alternative to Beaches and Cream for lunch and Fresh (also at the Dolphin) for either breakfast or lunch and Kimonos Suish Bar at the Swan (if you like sushi). Remember that the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin offer a 20% DVC-member discount.

Ralph

We have had wonderful meals at Spoodles, Narcoosee's and Kona Cafe (got to have that Tonga toast!).

But on our last trip, we tried Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge. The buffet was spectacular - I'm a daring eater and my DH is a meat and potatoes kind of guy and we both loved Boma!

Lin

Another suggestion: Breakfast or Lunch at Fresh. Blue Zoo for Dinner. Both located at the Dolphin.
pirate:

Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare at GF. Great buffet with omlet station and bacon that is not razor thin.

Lunch: Pucks at West Side. Do the sushi platter.

Diner:We like Spoodles. Not too pricey, fun atmosphere, different kind of menu. I think I've had their entire menu, never disappointed.

We have some must do's every trip. They are California Grill, Flying Fish and Boma's. We did the Cape May breakfast this past May and thought it was not that great. I was really disappointed in the food. Character interaction was good, but for characters I prefer Chef Mickey's for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter