Best resturants not inside the parks

Breakfast: Tonga Toast at the Kona Cafe - Polynesian.

Lunch - Le Cellier, Canada, EPCOT.

Dinner - 'Ohana - Polynesian.

One other note: if there's a more expensive restaurant you want to visit, and they're open for lunch, it's often a lot cheaper for similar meals.

Kona Cafe (have had b, l and d, there, a breakfast favorite)
'Ohana for dinner
California Grill
Boma--great for breakfast and dinner

You have alot of great chocies within walking distance!

We love Spoodle's for breakfast and dinner. We never miss going there at least once per trip. We also like ESPN and Big River Grille. Also on the Boardwalk are several carts selling yummy snacks. We like to get a crepe on a stick, have a seat on a bench and watch the people, the boats coming and going and look at the beautiful view over the lake.

2 other places we never miss are the Yachtsman Steakhouse and Beaches and Cream. Just be sure to hit B&C in the off hours.

Jiko and Boma at AKL are both great places to eat. Since you aren't going to AK, you might want to arrive early enough to walk outside and view the animals. Don't miss their gift shop. It is one of the best! Now true, you can't walk there, but you can boat to MGM and catch the bus to AKL.

Have a wonderful time!:wave:

Thank you thank you. Keep these great ideas coming!

If you're looking for something to do later in the evening, Kimono's Sushi Bar at Swan's has Kareoke (sp) nights starting at 9pm. Sometimes; especially Thurs, Fri. I've been told that some of WDW castmember's like to perform. We've been a couple of times and there was some amazing talent to watch.

For a really special meal (and a 3 hour event) try Victoria & Alberts at the Grand Floridian. It's probably the most expensive restaurant in the WDW area, and maybe not the best value on a $$/food consumed basis, but great for that very special occassion. DW and I went there for our 15 year anniversary this past June.

They have two seating times, and jackets are required for men. Service is impeccible, and the atmosphere is elegant and romantic. They serve a 7 course meal (and we also got the wine pairing option which gives you a wine selection for each course) but the portion sizes aren't huge. You leave satisfied but not stuffed. After dinner you can check out the band playing on the 2nd floor of the GF lobby. It's a fun night. You can then go out to the GF beach and watch the fireworks over the Castle.

If you're not on the monorail, it's a little inconvenient. We took a cab from BCV to the GF ($10). While waiting for a cab ride back, a CM at the GF asked where we were heading to and when we told him he got the shuttle van and dropped us off. Can't beat that service!

I just love a relaxing sunset dinner atop Fultons. Watching the sun dancing on the waters and a nice glass of wine....ahhhhh....Heaven!

I'm a big fan of Yatchsman Steak House. The wood chip grill is fantastic. Beaches and Cream is always fun and very low in fat. But if I can go out on a limb, one of the best experiences we have had outside of the parks is at Bahama Breeze (OK, OK, I know this is just outside of the WDW property, but still, it is one of our favorites. They are located in many big cities, but we don't have one where we live, so it feels like vacation to us).

For a romantic dinner, it's tough to beat Artist Point at WL. The place is so beautiful and and service has always been perfect when we were there.

Last time we went, I couldn't decide between the halibut special or the Buffalo steak I had had a previous time. When I asked my waiter what he recommended, he had the kitchen prepare me a plate with both so I could have a "surf-n-turf" meal- it was excellent. DH had the cedar-plank salmon and loved it.

Also great wine list.

Breakfast: Chef Mickey's
I don't know if Character breakfasts fit with your idea of a romantic get-a-way, but they are fun. I've only done two character breakfast, the the food, interaction, and layout at Chef Mickey's was the best. The food would have been worth it without the big mice and chipmunks running around.

Lunch: The Grand Floridian Cafe
Great food and you can taste the opulance of the GF with a reasonable price tag. We all got something different from the menu, and it was all wonderful. The open-faced Grand Sandwich was the unanoumous favorite after we all traded forkfulls. We will be eating there again on our next trip. Excellent staff - from the hostess to the servers. Disney casting must reserve the best for the GF.

Boma's:
One of my top ten favorite restaurants anywhere. The food is so good that I wish I had a reserve stomach so I could keep eating. If you have a buffet for breakfast, make an early PS @ Boma's and that's all the food you'll need for the day!

Some of our very favorite restaurants are the ones at Disney's resorts.

--Artist Point--
We absolutely loved our meal at Artist Point. Our food was superb, as was our service. Our server offered me a taste of some soup I was considering (portobello mushroom soup, which turned out to be excellent) to be sure I got something I would enjoy. He also brought us the recipe for it after our meal. The berry cobbler was to die for as well. We cannot wait to return. :)

--Kona Cafe--
We love both breakfast and dinner here. The food has always been very tasty, especially their fantastic desserts!

--Concourse Steakhouse--
We really like to eat breakfast here. The food is delicious (especially the sticky mickeys), and it's really a neat experience to eat with the monorails quietly whizzing by overhead.

We really enjoyed Yachtsman Steakhouse, 1900 Park Fare breakfast, California Grill, and Wolfgang Puck's (downstairs.) :)

Ooh..hubby and I love romantic weekends without the parks..they are excellent.

Staying at the BWV's..you have some of the best choices on disney property within walking distance.

For breakfast..our #1 choise is Fresh at the Dolphin..it is excellent. Spoodles would be our second choice.

For lunch...we haven't had a chance to try it yet..but Fresh at the Dolphin, we hear wonderful things about it..just haven't had the chance to get over there. We also like to stop at big river brewing company at lunch time...great appetizers..big enough for a lunch portion..lol, and microbrew beer.

For dinner...Our #1 choice would be Flying Fish at the Boardwalk, Spoodles is also a good option. Blue Zoo over at the Dolphin is excellent.

Now..if you want to grab a cab and go to another resort...Jiko at AKL or Artist Point at WL..we love them both. You could take disney transportation..but plan on a good hour to get there, at least depending on what time your ps is. Cabs are very easy at disney..and well worth the cost to take your from point A to point B for dinner. Usually there are cabs waiting at the Boardwalk..if not..bell services can get you one very quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter