Best running sunglasses?

meljean

Mouseketeer
I am new at running and I am looking for advice on the best brand/style of sunglasses to wear while running. Thanks for your advice!

I currently use Oakley Flak 2.0 for running. I really like them, but they were expensive.

If you're looking for something relatively cheap, but still polarized, you can try Shady Rays. I just got a few pair of their X Series, and I like them for everyday sunglasses... but not for running. When I tried them for running, the top frame slightly touches my forehead just above the eyebrows. It's not uncomfortable at all, but sweat seems to accumulate a little where the forehead and top frame touch. I haven't tried their other styles.

Last edited:
And to add to this: do any of you carry your sunglasses out with you at 5 am to pop on later? I was going to carry mine this weekend at Tink to have them when I need them. I figure I can run with them in my hands until I need them (unless y'all have a better idea!).

been more than happy with my 40$ pair from costco (nike tailwinds) daily glasses and have been with me for 6 marathons, and probably 20+halfs

And to add to this: do any of you carry your sunglasses out with you at 5 am to pop on later? I was going to carry mine this weekend at Tink to have them when I need them. I figure I can run with them in my hands until I need them (unless y'all have a better idea!).

Yep, I've done this. I often wear capris with pockets and will make room for my sunglasses for the pre-sun hours.

Rudy Project get my vote as the best ones for running. Lightweight, comfortable, and plenty of sizes & styles to choose from.

I have them sitting on my head until I need them. 8-)

I wear prescription glasses and I have a cheap pair I got as freebees at a run that I use when necessary. When not in use on a run they sit on my head or in on summer long runs in my Camelbak pocket.

I use a couple different types. I have a pair of revo frameless glasses. They are extremely light and don't move at all, but the frames are weak so this is my second pair. I have a pair of Scattante (SP?) Photochromatic glasses (start clear and the darken as the sun comes out) they are light. I find that I have less issues with fogging if I keep my glasses on the whole time I'm running.

I've tried Tifosi glasses, but I find they give me headaches. (That may just be the pair I have though)

One other note. One of the running stores here has started carrying Goodr running sunglasses. They are about $20. A buddy has a pair and he loves them.

I wear the same sunglasses I use everyday. They are Spy. Though I now have two pairs so I use the older pair to run in. They aren't that dark so I wore them from the start of W&D to the end. I live in Seattle and wear them when it's cloudy or raining and it's still bright :)

http://www.amosunglasses.com/shop/sunglasses-by-sport/triathlon-sunglasses/gale-4-detail

I do triathlon and wear these for the bike and run. I was worried about spending so much money on them, my previous sunglasses were $20 from Costco, but I have been very happy with these. I live in Virginia and it gets very humid in the summer--these sunglasses don't fog up! Also, they adjust according to the outside light, which is very helpful as I do a lot of trail running so the light adjusts as I go from open field into the woods, etc.

Yes, I always carry mine for the runDisney races; I'm usually still on the 10k course at sunrise, and definitely still on the half course at that time. It makes life so much easier to not have to deal with the early-morning glare!

Also, I typically just use sunglasses I have from giveaways/expos at other race weekends. That way, if they fall or get scratched or broken, it's not a big deal.

So I began Tink this weekend with my sunglasses on my head and it was fine - I didn't even feel them as I ran. Buuuuuut.....I forgot they were on my head and ran the entire course without ever putting them on! Ooooooops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter