Best salads at WDW?

MomtothreeEs

I spend way too much time searching for ADRs...
I have plenty of buffet and other indulgent ADRs made, but I can only handle eating one heavy meal a day. Now I need to plan out some places to go where my kids can eat typical kid fare (chicken nuggets, hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, etc), but DH and I can grab a mixed greens salad with a grilled meat on top. Bonus points if I can also grab a glass of wine. LOL

I'm open for quick service or table service ideas. Thanks!

Salad @ Pizzafari in AK is pretty decent. There was a good one I had once in Restaurantosaurus also in AK.

There's an entree salad at LTT I love, I think it's called Declaration Salad. I also love the Chicken Caesar salad at GFC (the same salad used to be offered at CRT at lunchtime, before they went to all Princesses all the time). Outside the parks the POR food court has a design-your-own salad that's big enough to share.

for qs

columbia harbor house has the broccoli peppercorn salad with chicken (and typical kid fare)
pecos bills has a southwest salad
sunshine seasons has a soup and salad station (and tons of other options)
liberty inn has a "fruit and bleu cheese and nuts" salad with chicken
abc commissary has a mediterranean salad with chicken
backlot express has a southwest salad (not called that but it is)
flame tree bbq has another fruit/nut/cheddar salad

We really like the China Island salad I believe it is called at Rainforest Cafe, the Colony Salad at LTT, and the Cobb Salad at HBD.

I enjoyed the salad from Roaring Forks at WL. I think it was called the Wilderness Salad. Greens, apples, cheese, nuts, chicken, and a good dressing! It was HUGE too.

I had one at Whispering Canyon Cafe, Chuckwagon Chop salad - very good. And the Cobb at TRex is tasty, or maybe it is just because we usually go there towards the end of vaca and something fresh seems so great lol.

ABC Commissary recently changed their salad to a Greek chicken salad and it was amazing!! I loved the BBQ chicken salad at Contempo Cafe. The Spicy beef salad at Pecos Bills reminds me of Chipotle. I also like the strawberry chicken salad at the Plaza. I always ask for the dressing in the side because they tend to drown the lettuce. I think the salads have improved significantly in the last few years!

I love salads and here are my best and worse

Best Wolfgang puck express turkey cobb! Soooo good. I enjoy the seared tuna salad at be our guest but I had 2 good and once not so good experiences and that's why I am giving it second place
Worse chicken salad at flame tree. It was like a soup, soooo much dressing! Ask for dressing on the side for sure

I had some really good salads at sunshine seasons but I don't remember the names I am afraid.

I love salads and there are some great Ines at WDW. My absolute favourite was the build you own one at POR. Absolutely delicious!

I'm thinking this isn't perhaps what you're after but I'll throw it out there in case anybody else is interested.
The Saratoga Salad at Artist's Palette is divine! Lettuce, dried cranberries, raisins, croutons, apples, walnuts and I believe a lemon & poppyseed dressing? I always opt for without meat but I believe it does come with grilled chicken.

The entree salad at the Plaza is huge! It has strawberries, Gorgonzola cheese, grilled chicken, and some other things that I can't remember.

The family style salad that you can get with the pizzas at Via Napoli would be a good choice too.. you can eat a piece of pizza and some salad for a lighter meal.

Yak and Yeti has lettuce wraps as an appetizer that you could order as a meal (they are sooo good)

The Cobb Salad at Hollywood Brown Derby is a great choice as others have mentioned.

At Mara I had the Mara Chicken Salad and I found it very tasty.

But I agree with PP's to ask for dressing on the side! I didn't finish my salad because the lettuce on the bottom was swimming in the dressing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter