• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best sandals for the parks?

jamnich314

Mouseketeer
The last time I was at Disney I realized just how hot my feet were during the day from wearing sneakers :faint:. Seeing as the next time I go will be at the end of August I am anticipating scorching heat.

I have been eyeing some Keen sandals to wear. I have also heard a lot of great things about Teva. What luck have you had wearing either one of these sandals in the parks?

Also, I am trying to decide between the closed toe and open toe sandals. Seems like the closed toe would be cooler but offer less protection from arrant strollers running over your toes.

I love my Rainbow's. I've been wearing them for the past, oh I don't know, 7 years and they are so comfy. I like the hemp ones the best!

I have had a lot of success with both Teva and Merrell. I usually opt for the fisherman's style with the closed toe. They dry quickly in bad weather, and they're also a little more apropos if I'm going to one of the more formal (if Disney truly has formal;)) restaurants straight from one of the parks.

I have worn Teva's, Merrill's and Keen's and I love them all. They are all a little pricey, but I have bad feet and legs, so it's worth it to me to not be hobbling around by 5.

I can't imagine wearing fit flops all day, but they make my calves sore anyway. I've seen plenty of people wearing regular flip flops, and I bet it would be the coolest option, but it wouldn't work for me.

Everyone has different feet. The best soe for me may not be for you. And that girl over there will need yet another kind.

You really have to try them on and see how they feel for you.

I always wear Teva flip flops I like that they prevent me from slipping if I hit a wet spot, and they have good arch support. I also don't appreciate my feet becoming hot in sneakers.

Any of you recommending particular sandals have high arches and plantar fasciitis? I would love to wear sandals rather than athletic shoes in the parks but I'm afraid to try it. My fasciitis is not a problem now but all it takes is walking one day on the wrong shoes and I am in trouble.

COBAINS. They were the most comfortable flip flops I have ever worn. I find the Tevas & Reefs too narrow. Good luck.

:goodvibes

I have all you named and Ecco. I like the Ecco and Merrills the most. The Keen closed toe are good for wading streams where you may hit rocks but are hot and sweaty in the parks. The problem with Chacos is the rubber can actually pick up foot odor. No matter what, use lots of sunscreen. Burning the tops of your feet will make you miserable!!

I just got a pair of OluKai and they are great!!! They are very comfy, waterproof, etc. They mold to your feet.

besides these, I usually do teva mush or keens.

I prefer open-toed and I have worn croc sandals when in the parks. I also one time wore a random pair I bought at target and they were surprisingly comfy too. Last time I was there, I swapped out the sandals I wore halfway through the day and for some reason that really helped!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter