Best Seats in each Roller Coaster

fbarker

DIS Veteran
I know the answers can very quite a bit but it would be interesting to see which seats are the most popular for each coaster at WDW. So please let me know what you think and why you pick your favorite loaction for each coaster. We just might get a consensus of opinion on each coaster.

In my humble opinion......

BTMR - as far back as you can get.
7D - mid to back.
RNRC - after a bazillion rides my DD and I agree seat 11 is best.
EE - in the middle - but the view from the first seat is awesome.
Space - the back car seems bumpier but that could just be in my head.

Last edited:
We always ask for the front. I’m a scaredy-cat and it doesn’t feel as fast up there!

Last edited:
BTMRR - is too rough in the back for me
Space and Everest -- I love to be in the very front!

• BTMRR = I always ask for the back since it feels faster & throws you around more. You also get a faster drop on the hills due to being in the back.
  • 7DMT = There's going to be a theme here. The back of the train I feel is faster due to being the last over the hills.
  • SM = Either the very front or very back. Back gets you the slightly rougher ride, and the front gives you a "darker" ride since you can't see anyone in front of you.
  • RNRC = Don't really have a preference here due to the launch. The front is fun since you don't have an unobstructed view. However, the middle to back gets a rougher ride so no complaints either way.
  • EE = The back of the train is my favorite. The build up to the final drop is great, and again it feels slightly rougher. It doesn't suffer from the slower drops if you sit in the front though.
When in doubt I just ask the CM to wait for the back row on the next train.

Back seat is amazing for EE, but so is the front.
Space since it is dark doesn't matter as much for views but probably front as the ride is rough.
7DMT only rode a few times but front once and enjoyed that.
BTMT we love the back but middle is good too, we just dont like the front here as the view is the engine vs the track.
RnRC been all over. Again since it is dark inside the front is more limited but the back is a blast.

For me, if you want a smoother/slower/ less intense ride on 7DMT, BTMR, SM, SDD go on the front row, the opposite experience if you go on the back row
On EE you feel the drop more if you're in the back row, you feel the backward part more if your in the front row
I honestly have not felt any difference on RnRC

Ride - row - left/right side

7dmt - 3r
Everest - 1r/l
RnR - 5l
Barnstormer - 10l
SM - b2
SD - never been on

Airplane to WDW, always isle seat. Same with Magical Express :)

SERIOUS NOTE if you are smaller and/or just want to be in the ride photo better sit the front of whatever "car" your in for EE and RnR, 7d it isn't as important

On most WDW coasters, I don't think it makes any difference where you sit. At least not for me. RnR is one. I absolutely love the rear car, but not because they physical experience is any different. I just think it's really cool to see the rest of the train barrel roll in front of you on the last inversion (it's harder to see the first two).

I've only been on SDD once and was sort of in the middle. But since it's a slow, launch coaster, just like RnR I'd guess it wouldn't make any difference to me.

Space...same deal, it really doesn't matter. The trains are short, you can't see where you're going and there are no major drops. I don't notice front, middle or back.

7DMT is also fairly mild, I don't notice any difference

The only ones where I can say I notice any difference are BTMRR and EE. BTMRR simply because of its' motions...you notice slightly more of a whip sensation in the back. EE is the same idea.

If you want a tamer experience, sit in the front. If you want to feel like you're going faster and have more thrill, then sit in the back. This goes for nearly every coaster inside Disney and at other theme parks.

The only one that comes to mind where it doesn't matter is Space Mountain. The car length is so short it really doesn't make a difference where you sit.

Coasters like 7dmt, Big Thunder, Expedition Everest..It's like night and day for the front vs the back

We always ask for the front. I’m a scaredy-cats car and it doesn’t feel as fast up there!

Sitting in the front of BTMRR is too scary for me - that accident in DL (even though it was a long time ago) just freaked me out. It's the only coaster I ride that I refuse to go in the front. Of course it's safe, right? But I still won't sit there because I think about it the whole time!

7DMT - The back. The front is noticably slower. I really notice the hang time on the drops. We've only gotten toward the back once or twice though. I don't know why that is. I think I've read that they put odd parties up front which would fit. I don't know if that's true or not.
Space - Front. The ride is way too rough for the back.
BTMRR - Back
EE, RNR - no preference

7DMT - the back is much better. Feels like a faster ride than the front because of the shorter drops, you don't notice them as much in the front.
Space - not sure it really matters
BTMRR back - feel the drops more. The front is blocked by the engine.
EE - Front or back. Both are good, but enjoy the back more.
RnR - enjoy the front and the back. Both are good for the launch. enjoy the back more for the loop and barrel rolls.

Such great responses, but must admit I am quite surprised that it seems the back row of most coasters is winning. My thought was that the front row would be the favorite.

I request front row so I don’t have someone’s arms ruining my ride photo. :) BTMRR, as far back as possible.

Generally, I like the front row on a coaster that has big drops or lots of inversions, none of which are in WDW ( except inversions in RnR), otherwise, I find the back is better

The back of coasters always seem to go faster than when I ride in the middle or front in my experience.

The back of any coaster is generally more thrilling since the train is generally accelerating out of the downslope of the hill and the back hasn’t made it over yet. This gives the perspective of more speed in the back, or at the very least, more actual airtime. Hence thrill seekers prefer it.

The front of any coaster generally has better views, but also more wind. The front also hits the turns and hills harder and with more force which can also be more thrilling in its own right. Space Mountain is a good example. You hit those turns hard and with no clue it’s coming up.

With that said, I agree with most. The back. As someone pointed out, I like the back of EE for coming out of the tunnel after the Yeti scene. I like it dark in there and want the train accelerating as I come out that tunnel. Some may like the front for the broken track which is fun.

For mine train and probably SDD, it really doesn’t matter. The rides are too slow to matter.

For RRC, treat it like space since there aren’t any hills with airtime.

BTMRR - back because I’m a thrill seeker.

Any six flags, Busch, Cedar coaster - back. Always.

Source: have ridden over 300 unique coasters.

The back of any coaster is generally more thrilling since the train is generally accelerating out of the downslope of the hill and the back hasn’t made it over yet. This gives the perspective of more speed in the back, or at the very least, more actual airtime. Hence thrill seekers prefer it.

Yes, totally agree. On coasters that do the traditional hill climb then crest a peak and fly down the hill, the back very much gives you the "whip" sensation as it gets yanked over the crest. In the front, you get the feeling of suspense as you're hanging over the edge before the balance of the train crests the hill. However, since RnR is a launch coaster and doesn't do any hill climbs, I don't think it really makes any difference where you sit.

Back seat on all...and occasionally the front on EE, which basically becomes the back seat during the backwards portion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter