Best shoes for Disney World rain?

I wear teva's as well. My new ones (my kittens chewed up my last pair:/ ) have a little bit of a platform which is more comfortable for me as well.

Keen's and Teva sandals. I switch between them depending on the day, mood, look etc.

It's pretty much all I take on our trips. More comfortable than sneakers, for me at least, and no issues when they get wet. (Huge advantage of not needing to pack socks either, lol).

Interested in this thread too. I love my Teva Verra Sandals. Anyone know if the strap holds up in the rain (i.e. since velcro)?

I wore sketchers tennis shoes for the first few days of our trip last week. My feet were uncomfortably hot.

Switched to sketchers sandals and my feet were much happier for 4 days. Though our last night, at closing, we got caught in a huge downpour leaving MK. I wound up with a blister on the back of my foot for the trip home from the wet sandal rubbing on my heel. Fortunately, I could wear flip flops for the next few days and my heel is fine.

Whatever you do, bring a few pair of comfortable shoes. You just never know how one unexpected event will make a difference to your feet.

Interested in this thread too. I love my Teva Verra Sandals. Anyone know if the strap holds up in the rain (i.e. since velcro)?
I don't have the teva verra but the teva midform and have owned a few pairs of classic tevas which hold up very well in the rain. I've even waded through streams in them w/ no problems. They don't seem to hold water at all. The verra's look to have smaller straps but I imagine the velcro is the same?

I have Teva Tirras which have a velcro strap and they were fine even in a torrential downpour. The velcro is extremely sturdy and holds up very well.

I don't sweat at all in them. I was worries they wouldn't breathe but somehow they do
can I ask what style socks you were in your Vessis? For some reason the shoes really hurt the top of my feet when wearing no-show ankle socks, but I don't want them peeping out the tops either.

I don't have the teva verra but the teva midform and have owned a few pairs of classic tevas which hold up very well in the rain. I've even waded through streams in them w/ no problems. They don't seem to hold water at all. The verra's look to have smaller straps but I imagine the velcro is the same?
I have Teva Tirras which have a velcro strap and they were fine even in a torrential downpour. The velcro is extremely sturdy and holds up very well.
Awesome. Thank you both! The Tirras would be the same as the Verra, and I just looked at the Teva Midform and looks like same idea with the strap.

I have issues with my small toes and these are one of the few shoes that work for me , and they are great walking shoes so really happy to hear (sucks in the cold weather as I am stuck)

If you want actual sneakers, Adidas Ultraboosts are incredible when it's raining. They dry off quickly and are insanely comfortable.

Heading to WDW in July. First summer trip since 2002, and I remember it raining like crazy every day. I've done 7 more WDW trips since then, all in the winter. Never saw a drop of rain in those many days and weeks. We even did USO in October last year and didn't see any rain. But I fully expect it every day when we get there next month.

What shoes do you suggest? With ponchos, the shoes will get wet for sure. I remember walking in these leather sandals that had a cushion that would squish for hours. I'm thinking that my New Balance runners or trainers will let the water in but not out. I was looking at some Skechers that are sandals that strap across, not the toe-strap sandals. But...what would you suggest? Would love to hear what has been successful for you when dealing with the infernal Florida downpours.
This will really depend on what you like to walk in and what's comfortable for you. I don't wear sneakers to the parks because I can't stand walking around with wet feet/socks and then having to deal with blisters. I wear yoga mat sanuk flip flops but I realize flip flops aren't for everyone. They're very comfy but may not offer enough support for some. We average around 20-25K steps a day so they hold up well and dry quickly. As far as ponchos, I know a ton of people wear them at WDW but you still get wet wearing them and walking around in a poncho in the summer is the same as walking with a portable greenhouse. It's kind of gross. We use our umbrellas and it's good for also blocking the sun when you can't find shade in a line. If it's a downpour, an umbrella or poncho will basically give you the same coverage but the umbrella is less cumbersome and more comfortable IMO.

If you can, try out your footwear before you go, don't head to Disney with brand new shoes, you'll regret it. But there are tons of supportive open sandal type shoes out there that dry pretty quickly.

I wore my Merrell trail hiking shoes last time. They don’t slip in the rain and dried quickly with wool socks and weren’t squishy.

This is so important - whatever you do - don't wear brand new shoes. I usually alternate between my regular sambas (and pack extra socks) and the teva's depending on which day might be extra wet. I tell myself I'll buy flip flops in the park if i really have to but it's never come to that.

Heading to WDW in July. First summer trip since 2002, and I remember it raining like crazy every day. I've done 7 more WDW trips since then, all in the winter. Never saw a drop of rain in those many days and weeks. We even did USO in October last year and didn't see any rain. But I fully expect it every day when we get there next month.

What shoes do you suggest? With ponchos, the shoes will get wet for sure. I remember walking in these leather sandals that had a cushion that would squish for hours. I'm thinking that my New Balance runners or trainers will let the water in but not out. I was looking at some Skechers that are sandals that strap across, not the toe-strap sandals. But...what would you suggest? Would love to hear what has been successful for you when dealing with the infernal Florida downpours.
I always wear Teva sandals. Great traction. Just remember to sunscreen your feet.

Crocs Athens flip flops are the best all around shoe to wear for the whole vacation. Very comfortable for walking and if it rains they quickly dry off, plus feet stay very cool with open toes, not hot being closed in like sneakers.

I bring a pair of worn tennis shoes (and a slightly newer pair) and bring bread bags to wear over my socks in my shoes. On our last trip, it poured a lot of the day at AK and my feet stayed dry in my shoes. I was surprised how I didn't feel the bags at all. I carry an extra one or two in case they rip. However, I always wear pants, so the bag did stay hidden under my pants. But, no one is looking at me! :D

My husband wears his sneakers and, yeah, it's a pain when they get soaked but I can't convince him to wear sandals. I've bought him everything from Merrill's to rocket dog and he's rather double sock to wear his damp sneakers. I wear Telic which are flips with arch support. I cannot wear flat flips because my back starts to bother me.

My husband wears his sneakers and, yeah, it's a pain when they get soaked but I can't convince him to wear sandals. I've bought him everything from Merrill's to rocket dog and he's rather double sock to wear his damp sneakers. I wear Telic which are flips with arch support. I cannot wear flat flips because my back starts to bother me.

My husband and sons are the same way! We were actually just talking about this last night and I told them that they need to each get another pair of sneakers this weekend so they have time to break them in before our trip. We are going in August for two weeks and with the daily thunderstorms, their sneakers will never dry overnight.

I bought a pair of Crocs LiteRide slides for this reason exactly… and they worked well on all the rainy days last week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter