• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Snacks To Take Home?

BalooHoo

Mouseketeer
We'll be on the DxDP on our upcoming trip, and I expect that we'll have several snack credits left over at the end of the trip. I've spent a lot of time looking over the other great threads on this board to find many snacks that we're looking forward to having, and I'm pretty set on snacks during our trip. Now I'm thinking about which snacks to take home with us after our trip if (when?) we have snack credits left over.

On our last day we will not be going to a park, and we'll probably be ending our trip in Downtown Disney. Ideally, I'd like to be able to use the remaining snack credits at Downtown Disney or a resort for things that won't melt or spoil. I also have no problem picking up some extra snacks in the parks on earlier days if they are prepackaged. We'll be driving, so the snacks will be in the car for awhile, but we won't have any baggage issues with airlines. What are some of your favorite snack items that travel well?

We brought back some of the Minnie Bake Shop individual large cookies and brownies. They are chocolate, but we didn't have any melting issues with them. We got them at Pop's gift shop with a snack credit each.

The packaged Goofy candy is packaged well and my kids love the sours. Also, we got some of the kettle corn this time, and some of the cotton candy in the small tubs.

I second the rice krispie treats. The chocolate doesn't melt easy so that is good and you can never have enough of those things!

Yes I agree about the Goofy's Candy Co. snacks. They sell them all over DTD!

We've never tried to take the rice krispy treats home, but I can imagine they travel pretty well!

You can also use the snack credit to get bottled drinks, which of course travels well and is very helpful for the ride home! We usually get chocolate milks and keep them in the cooler. The kids love their nesquik! haha

We had 13 or so snack credits left over, last trip. We got fudge and bottled beverages at Goofy's Candy Co. The kids like to get powerades and such to put in the cooler for the drive home.

we drive, too...either home to Nebraska or home to our Tampa condo.

We don't like the rice krispie treats...seems like when we've bought them, they tasted very stale and not too sweet.

When we have snacks left over, we always buy some of our favorite bakery goodies...giant muffins, bakery cookies or cinnamon rolls and apple turnovers from Main Street Bakery, or goodies from Kringla Bakeri or Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot. I always pack a few large ziplock bags and just pop the bakery containers into the ziplock to keep them from going stale. If it's an item with a lot of frosting that might melt, we put it in the cooler. A lot of those good bakery items are also available in the morning at your resort counter service, too. Or stop over at Boardwalk and check out their bakery if you're not going to a park on departure day.

Makes a yummy breakfast the next day.

Thanks for the ideas, everyone! Sounds like Goofy's is a good bet since we'll be nearby. I was also considering the prepackaged brownies from Earl of Sandwich. Do they travel well?

We have the BDDP and if the snack we choose cost less than $4 dollars can you get something else with it and pay the difference?

No they only allowed 1 item unless its packaged with more then 1 but sometimes that isn't allowed if is an item that can be shared like a box of donuts, (now I heard you can get a cereal and small milk for 1 SCthat may be the only case) so to use the snack credits more wisely you could pay OOP for items say $1.50 to $2.50 and save the snack credits for something $2.50 to $4 and sometimes they do allow some things over $4 (look for the purple and white sticker on the price list ). Then if you don't intend on getting many snack item you may want to use them for all the items under $4 so you don't have lots of credits remaining at the end of you trip.

I would not get bottled water. Heck! You can get that anywhere

We have the BDDP and if the snack we choose cost less than $4 dollars can you get something else with it and pay the difference?

no value remaining...1 snack credit=1 allowed snack item, regardless of the price. The "$4.00" is just an in-general-rule-of-thumb-estimate to give you a clue -- it's not a Disney rule or guideline. According to Disney, what you get for a snack credit is an individual serving snack item, not an item within a particular dollar amount range.

Could be as little as 75 cents (toast) or as much as $4 or even slightly more than $4 in a few instances. In our experience, most snacks fall in the $2.50 to $3.50 range, at least those we prefer do. We buy snacks based on what we want to eat or drink at the time, not on whether or not we're getting the most expensive item, lol. And the price does not determine whether or not it's a "snack". If the item is not marked as DisneyDining Plan, just ask the CM at the register...there are many items under $4 which will not be allowed as a snack. (for example, husband tried to get biscuits & gravy at POFQ for a snack credit since the cash cost was just $3.49. They would not allow it because they said it was not a snack, it was a "plated" entree.)

You do not get any cash refunds or cash value for unused components of the dining plans. For example, if you don't want dessert with your counter service lunch, you don't get a refund or credit to use later. It's a take it or leave it plan, no carry over. The only exception is some places that have ice cream as the dessert will mark the receipt so you can come back within 30 minutes to get the ice cream so it's not melting while you eat your meal. But that is specific to that restaurant - you can't get ice cream somewhere else.

I use my left over snack credits on Mickey rice crispy treats as well..they're so good!!

Wildcatfan,
Can i ask where you get the goofy candies as a snack credit? I thought these were more than one serving and therefore not included? We are on the DXDP and these would be great to take home!

I took home a couple bags of the sugared almonds you can get at the stand in MK. (I think they have them at EPCOT also). They are $4, so a good use of credits and they last several days. I put them in a ziploc. Also took home some fudge and Mickey rice krispies. I got a bag of Chip and Dales Samurai mix, so good. Since I fly, the baked goods aren't a good idea. I had a little bit of Disney magic when I got home for over a week. It was a little sad eating that last item.....

Yes the big individual Minnie's Bake Shop Cookies. They are excellent! I must have brought home about 15 last trip, put them in my picnic basket cooler and they were fine, only one had melted a little bit. I will definitely be bringing home a bunch more this trip also. We didnt get around too using too many snack credits so used them in the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter