Best Snacks...

Mamapapa

DIS Veteran
WDW veteran and DL newbie here! My mom and I are planning our first mother/daughter trip to DL in September. Can you experts give us some recommendations of not-to-miss snacks? I saw the garlic twist mentioned and have that on my list so far. We both love ice cream so any must-do's on that topic will be appreciated too. Thanks!!

Churros, Dole Whips, dill pickles, ice cream from Gibson Girl & Ghiradelli, garlic twists, chocolate twists and cake pops are my families favorites!

Some of my favorites:
  • Mickey Mouse Beignets & Mint Julep (non-alcoholic) at the Mint Julep Bar (DL)
  • Oswald Sundae at Clarabelle's (DCA)
  • Pineapple Dole Whip Float at the Tiki Bar (DL) (very similar to the on in the MK, but still so good!)
  • Chocolate Caramel Apple at Candy Palace (DL), Trolley Treats (DCA), or Marcelines (DTD)
  • Raspberry Mickey Macaron at Jolly Holiday (DL)
  • S'Mores Bar at Jolly Holiday (Seasonal) (DL)
  • Popcorn

Ghiradelli in DCA for awesome sundae creations for sure! So many tempting treats you won't know what to pick!

I love a good fresh churro with a cup of cocoa in the morning!

Mickey Pretzels and Mickey Ice Cream Bars/Sandwiches are fun to take pictures with and also pretty tasty!

The Raspberry Macaron is indeed a perfect tart and sweet treat from the Jolly Holiday Bakery, and the Matterhorn Macaroon (of the coconut variety) is also fun for pictures and a good snack to share.

I always enjoy a frozen lemonade or two, and the Frozen apple juice near the Matterhorn is awesome, too!

Churros and dole whips are always on the top of our must have list.
Corn dog (not a snack I guess)
Jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel
Pommes frites
Peanut butter sandwich from Candy Palace ( Soooo good if you like peanut butter and chocolate!) :) Yum
Dalmation firehouse mint sundae from Gibson Girl
Flavored popcorn from cozy cone ( we like dill)

For ice cream, the make your own ice cream bar in DCA is delicious! I think that's at Gibson Girl (edit: it is Clarabell's). You choose your filling, your coating, and your topping. So good.

Last edited:
I can't wait to try the churros. When I saw churro as one of the PhotoPass stickers along with Dole Whip and Turkey Leg, I didn't know what is the deal. I mean they do sell churros at WDW but it was not a must eat. Now I know Churro at DL is like Turkey Leg at WDW. Definitely getting one at first sight. LOL

For ice cream, the make your own ice cream bar in DCA is delicious! I think that's at Gibson Girl. You choose your filling, your coating, and your topping. So good.

That's at Clarabell's in DCA right next to Starbucks. :)

We love Dole whips...find the floats too diluted though so just the regular ones.
The white matterhorn macaroons
Tigger Tails
Fresh mango with chili lime seasoning
At the boudin bakery the Mickey Mouse sourdough loaf bread we will grab one to snack on through Through out the park on our last trip we carried one through the border home to Canada.
I'm sure we are an anomaly but we are not fans of the turkey legs or.the churros I like Churros just didn't care for the ones in the park. The turkey legs to me are more of a meal than a smack they are huge. In that same vein not really snack but a meal. ..love the corn dogs and or links. The cheese one gets a thumbs up too.

The Oswald sundae is yummy but two of us could not finish it .

dole whip (float!!)
beignets (the real ones at ralph brennan's in dtd, not the mickey-shaped ones in the park)
free ghiradelli chocolate just for walking in to the store
free sourdough bread piece at the bakery tour
caramel apples

Another fan here of the hand dipped ice cream bars at Clarabelle's. Other favorite snacks for our family include sourdough bread from Pacific Wharf Cafe, garlic twists, frozen apple drinks at the Cozy Cones in DCA and Maurice's in DL, the English toffee from the candy shops, and Ghirardelli ice cream.

Definitely Dole whip as everyone has said, but try the bacon wrapped asparagus at Bengal BBQ. I think they are called Safari Skewers and they are delicious

For sure the Dole Whips! It is a must and something I never mind waiting in line for.
Love the Churros
Also the Corn Dogs
Im so fixated on those three main ones, that I can't think of what I usually grab inside the park.

WDW is our home park, but we have been to DLR several times. Our next trip is in just under a week, and my mouth is already watering for a churro. Definitely not like the WDW version. Also, while you can get beignets in WDW (though only at Port Orleans resort), I am looking forward to trying the ones at DLR. For some reason we have always missed out on them in the past, so thanks for the suggestion everyone!

My (and also my other half's) favorite snack/meal last visit was the corn dogs. We are looking forward to them again this August when we return. We also have started a fast growing list of potential snacks to try. The top one is the peanut butter chocolate sandwich in Critter Country.

Fort a healthy option I love the sliced mango available at several of the market type stands and locations.

All the skewers at Bengal BBQ are great snacks to hold you over or get several for a light meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter