Best split stay

I just finished booking a split stay. 3 nights AKL Kidani, then 4 nights at either BLT or Poly. I was able to book both but not sure which to keep. First time at these resorts.
What room classes? We usually like to either improve or stay equivalent during a split stay. Poly studios are better than BLT studios. But BLT 1 bedroom villas blow away Poly studios.

Just returned from a 5 nts at BLT 2bdrm (Heaven!) and on day half of family left, moved three of us to new resort studio at GF to squeeze in an extra parks day.
It worked as planned....put a few groceries and our suitcases in a Lyft, got over to GF and left everything with Bell Capt. Went our way all day until resort studio was ready, I shared bell ticket numbers with DD who took care of getting us into studio in afternoon while I lingered at Epcot with DS. I'm glad we were able to do this even if it meant living out of suitcases for a nite in much smaller accommodations! The new "studios" are beautiful and they brought us a box fan and a mini fridge upon request.

What room classes? We usually like to either improve or stay equivalent during a split stay. Poly studios are better than BLT studios. But BLT 1 bedroom villas blow away Poly studios.
I have std at Kidani and poly. Lake view at Blt. All deluxe studios. I’ll be by myself most likely.

Is it too OCD to want symmetry, 4+4? :p
I think that wanting symmetry is a good reason to take 4+4, and if that makes me OCD, so be it. I used to teach geometry, so liking symmetry makes sense. So I'll be up bright and early tomorrow (8:00 EDT?) trying for 4 nites at Kidani.

I think that wanting symmetry is a good reason to take 4+4, and if that makes me OCD, so be it. I used to teach geometry, so liking symmetry makes sense. So I'll be up bright and early tomorrow (8:00 EDT?) trying for 4 nites at Kidani.
I am thinking most of our vacations will be 8 days with an occasional 7- or 10-day vacation thrown in.

I really want to try a 4/4 or 5/5 split stay to see how we like it.

• 3 nights at Poly studio… get our uptempo MK and monorail loop fix
  • then EPCOT on transition day (some combination of monorail, drive, or Skyliner depending on meals and so forth)
  • 3 nights at RR 1BR to spread out a little and relax

We used to do split stays but we prefer to unpack. I would do a split stay unless I was able to stay for 4-5 nights. 2-3 nights is a lot of packing up and moving.

We did a split stay at the Poly for 2 nights then the Riveria in a 1 bedroom for 5 nights. That was a perfect split!

Split stays are a great way to experience more than one resort during a stay. Split stays were incredibly easy back before Covid when the resorts transferred all your stuff, including refrigerated items. Our last split stay was during Covid - 2N AKL, 3N Dolphin, 2N SSR. AK moved our luggage to the Dolphin. The Dolphin had just opened so they asked us to transport our own luggage. So we went out front and a Dolphin employee waived over a town car. That guy was great. $25 w/tip. He drove us directly to our villa. By that time we had acquired food & drink so it worked out well and was the least amount of time we'd ever spent 'homeless' without our luggage or food stuff. If we ever do another split stay and already have our room number we're doing that again. It was worth the $25.

It was worth the $25.
I think so too. Even without considering cold goods. It’s nice they’ll transfer your stuff. They do a good job, it’s just hard to count on when it will arrive. Might be 4pm, or 6/7pm. Won’t matter to some people but we usually have evening plans that could be disrupted.

Last trip was a triple split stay 2 nights each BWV/AKL-Kidani/SSR. Three nights each would have been better, but I found it doable. I like split stays to try new or retry favorites including the variety of dining options, my husband would prefer to limit split stays. So maybe will try first night at a new place and then a longer stay at one of our home resorts (BLT/VGF), since we are relatively new owners we haven't yet stayed at these but have reservations booked. My question is other than OKW/SSR, how do you manage to book more than one/two nights at a non-home resort for split stays? Particularly for studios this has been tough, even at lower volume periods. We just got lucky last time with the BWV in October for two nights (combo of single nights separately booked and combined).

Personal preference is a 3/4 or a 4/3 split, not really a fan of MK as much as Epcot/HS and AK so my splits tend to be AK/Epcot area resort.

At least 3 days each resort
At least 4 days each resort
At least 5 days each resort
Any combination works
Don't do it unless you have a car
Would not do a split stay
Btwn 3-5 days per resort. Personally 4 hits the spot tho.

Bcv/bwv is super easy if you have fridge items. They don’t transport cold items anymore.

We do a lot of split stays and after doing a 2-night stay once, we decided that 3 nights per resort was the minimum we would do going forward if we have a choice. 2 nights just didn't seem like enough time to really enjoy the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter