Best spot to relax on a calm day?

jamesg

Earning My Ears
When visiting The World during a day when there's no need to rush from ride to ride (possibly due to not bringing kids along) where do you like to sit down, relax, and just take in the atmosphere?

For me it is at Dawa Bar in Animal Kingdom. I traveled there solo this past January and was able to find a seat at a table on three separate evenings. I would sit there listing to the performers (esp. Burudika!) sipping on a beer and just feeling glad to be alive. My second favorite spot would be at Satu'li Canteen also at Animal Kingdom. I love watching the Pandora Rangers give demos of their mech suits.

I love nomad lounge at AK, eating flame tree food near the water in AK, the England and japan gardens in Epcot, the little side alley off Main Street in magic Kingdom.​

When the band is playing, Dawa Bar was ok. But with the crowds going in and out of Tusker House, didn't find it relaxing. And not a lot of seating.
In AK, much prefer sitting outside at Nomad Lounge by the river.
Or the seating area for Flame tree by the water.

DH and I found baseline tap house ( across/diagonal from star tours in HS) a very relaxing place to sit and watch the crowd go by while the kids went to ride a couple big rides. Granted we don’t get to do this often, the kids keep us running, but we really enjoyed it

I love nomad lounge at AK, eating flame tree food near the water in AK, the England and japan gardens in Epcot, the little side alley off Main Street in magic Kingdom.​

I love hearing these little spots to relax. Where exactly is the little side alley in the MK? I like the landing across from the "Up" bird show in AK. However, I've noticed that it gets busy around mealtime sometimes.

I love hearing these little spots to relax. Where exactly is the little side alley in the MK? I like the landing across from the "Up" bird show in AK. However, I've noticed that it gets busy around mealtime sometimes.
It’s that little side street next to uptown jewelers, where you can hear the singing lessons if it’s quiet. There’s tables to sit and its usually not crowded

We normally don't just sit somewhere, but usually like to go on slow rides that have shorter waits. If we are at MK we like the grassy areas in the Hub, Tom Sawyer Island, Carousel of Progress, and People Mover

For just sitting and not obligating to a place for eating, or drinking...

MK - Do Carousel of Progress, or go to other shows, but arrive very early to sit in the queue for the air conditioning. [INSIDE]
Epcot - Sit inside Innovations, or BayMax / Joy/Sadness Meet and Greet, or American Adventure waiting area. [INSIDE]
HS - Waiting area of theater where they show sneak peeks (inside Walt's Museum) [INSIDE]
AK - Area beside Dinosaur (area has roof and fans) [OUTSIDE], or sit at Rafiki's within the building. [INSIDE]

I like sitting on the benches in Frontierland by the river, across from Harper's Mill. Takes 15 seconds to get there and yet I feel secluded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter