Best spots for parades and fireworks

Disney fan 345

Earning My Ears
Hi this is my first time posting and this will be our first trip to Disney!

Im sorry if this has been asked! We will be at Disney from the 16th through 21st and I'll have my 4 year old with me.
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the best viewing and possibly less crowded areas for fireworks?
Also best place to stand for the parades at Magic kingdom. The electrical lights parade and the Halloween parade?
Or any other suggestions for first timer would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi this is my first time posting and this will be our first trip to Disney!

Im sorry if this has been asked! We will be at Disney from the 16th through 21st and I'll have my 4 year old with me.
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the best viewing and possibly less crowded areas for fireworks?
Also best place to stand for the parades at Magic kingdom. The electrical lights parade and the Halloween parade?
Or any other suggestions for first timer would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

A look at the MK Parade Route-
Disney's (MS) Electrical Parade starts near the Firehouse and exits near Splash Mtn.
The New 3 O'Clock Parade (Festival of Fantasy) and both the MVMCP and MNSSHP parades start near Spalsh Mtn. and exit near the Firehouse.

Less crowded than on Main Street, but still spectacular viewing can be found near the Hall of Presidents, or deep into Frontierland, past the Country Bears.
(But, from there you won't be able to see the new "show" that is actually projected on the front of the Castle, "Celebrate the Magic," which begins about 15 minutes before the fireworks.)

MK_ParadeRoute_092609.jpg

Remember that a single spot where you can see ALL THREE of the major evening events at MK will be very crowed, and you must choose and stay in that spot for a long time (likely over an hour or more) to "hold" it.

And, it will be very difficult to exit from there "quickly" afterwards.
(Better to just find a spot to sit and let the others in the hordes clear the area before you decide to make your way to the exit.)

Below is a rough estimate of the Fireworks viewing spots
based on other posters' info on the boards and personal experience.

MK-Wishes_NewHub_031715_zpsfxxil4my.jpg

Last edited:
I usually recommend to people that they can see all three shows from Town Square. For some reason, over by the Theatre/Train Station area doesn't fill up very quickly, and if you move into the middle after the parades, there's an excellent view of the castle in front of the Train Station. Also, you can see Celebrate the Magic very well from near Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square (also on the parade route). There is a rather large tree blocking the fireworks there, but if you move back to the Riverboat after the show, you can see them over the Hall of Presidents. There's also time to get back to Main Street between Celebrate the Magic and Wishes/Hallowishes if you move quickly.

Are you aware that you can only see the Halloween parade if you attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) and that the party is a separately ticketed event?

Thanks so much for the advice. I really appreciate it.
We will be at magic kingdom on 10/17 and 10/19 and the Halloween party on 10/20. I'm hoping between those first two days at mk we will be able to see the parades and fireworks. I have my plan ready just not sure what plan my little guy will have!
And I got the separate tickets for the party.

If there is two times for the electrical parade go see the second one it tends to be less crowded . Most people go home after wishes. Along main street is a little more crowded but you can't beat the atmosphere for the parades.

I can't believe where we watched the Electrical parade. The Christmas shop in Liberty Square has several entrances & one has a few iron chairs and a little table. We just walked over there and sat down! We figured if we were asked to move, we would. We stood once it came by, but we had a great spot & could sit while waiting. My feet & knees thanked me!

A look at the MK Parade Route-
Disney's (MS) Electrical Parade starts near the Firehouse and exits near Splash Mtn.
The New 3 O'Clock Parade (Festival of Fantasy) and both the MVMCP and MNSSHP parades start near Spalsh Mtn. and exit near the Firehouse.

Less crowded than on Main Street, but still spectacular viewing can be found near the Hall of Presidents, or deep into Frontierland, past the Country Bears.
(But, from there you won't be able to see the new "show" that is actually projected on the front of the Castle, "Celebrate the Magic," which begins about 15 minutes before the fireworks.)

MK_ParadeRoute_092609.jpg

Remember that a single spot where you can see ALL THREE of the major evening events at MK will be very crowed, and you must choose and stay in that spot for a long time (likely over an hour or more) to "hold" it.

And, it will be very difficult to exit from there "quickly" afterwards.
(Better to just find a spot to sit and let the others in the hordes clear the area before you decide to make your way to the exit.)

Below is a rough estimate of the Fireworks viewing spots
based on other posters' info on the boards and personal experience.

MK-Wishes_NewHub_031715_zpsfxxil4my.jpg
Question about the FPP West Area: Last summer we caught Wishes very much last minute (I kind of tricked my kids into being in the park when they started - and they LOVED me for it after, but anyway...). As such, we did not stake out a spot early, and happened to grab a really fabulous spot on the stairs/in the area in front of Crystal Palace. Is that now part of FPP West, or is it only the hub area/lawn that is that FPP area?

Question about the FPP West Area: Last summer we caught Wishes very much last minute (I kind of tricked my kids into being in the park when they started - and they LOVED me for it after, but anyway...). As such, we did not stake out a spot early, and happened to grab a really fabulous spot on the stairs/in the area in front of Crystal Palace. Is that now part of FPP West, or is it only the hub area/lawn that is that FPP area?

No part of Crystal Palace or the sidewalk in front of it is part of the FP+ viewing areas.

No part of Crystal Palace or the sidewalk in front of it is part of the FP+ viewing areas.
Excellent! We have other plans for viewing, but in case something goes "wrong" or we are off schedule, we know this is a great spot too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter