Best Steakhouse on/near property

One of our favorite steaks is not where you expect... the Turf Club in the Saratoga Springs Resort. They have an absolutely phenomenal NY Strip, served with hand cut Rosemary fries, asparagus and garlic butter for under $40. Your call!
I agree 100% they put out a very good product. Someone asked in the past few weeks for the best "cheaper" steak and potatoes meal and SSR Turf Club was my choice.

Shula's in WDW is probably the best steakhouse on property, but who would go to Shula's when you could go to Keen's or any of the other amazing steakhouses in NYC? Like pretty much nobody.
Been to Keens twice. Love it, going back in December. Gotta have my mutton!!

Agree, Shula’s is the best on property. Just to give an example when people mention the service. We always ask for John and Mario to wait on us. They have been a team for 8+ years. They have seen our kids grow up and always ask how they are doing (3 in college now). You don’t get that at other WDW restaurants.

FYI -went to Le Cellier last night. Filet was not great, service was "ok", but jot what you'd expect from a sig. Sig poutine was very good, however. Not a bad restaurant, but should be about half the price they are currently charging.

FYI -went to Le Cellier last night. Filet was not great, service was "ok", but jot what you'd expect from a sig. Sig poutine was very good, however. Not a bad restaurant, but should be about half the price they are currently charging.
Yup.... Le Cellier is on our list of "Fake SIGS". For us? That list has grown to just about 14 :(.

Shula's is definitely the best, but on the pricey side. I like Yachtsman (also pricey) as well, but it's really not in the same league.

Charley’s Steakhouse (the one in Kisseemmee) is the best in the area that I’ve been to. I can’t recommend it enough. The food is amazing, drinks are great, great service, and prices are reasonable. The difference in prices eating there more than covers the taxi to and from.

In order of preference for the steakhouses I’ve been to:

Charley’s, Yachtsman, Schula’s, Le Cellier (really not worth it for this one if you’re looking for serious steak)

Personally, of the Disney restaurants, I think the Yachtsman is easily the best steakhouse experience. That's not to say that there aren't other places where you can get an exceptional steak (agree with the previous post that Jiko and FF are great), but for the true steakhouse feel, variety of cuts of meat, etc, I can't think of anywhere that would even come close to Yachtsman.

When it comes to the "non-Disney" places, I'll go ahead and be the dissenter and just say that I cannot for the life of me figure out what the attraction to Shula's is. It is just another upscale corporate-chain steakhouse, and to me there's just nothing special about it. And, for the record, I've tried other Shula's locations, and found them equally unimpressive, so it's not just this one.

While I have not tried the Bull and Bear in Orlando, if it's even remotely close to as good as the original in NYC, then it would give any other steakhouse in the state a run for its money. Again, that opinion is based solely on my experiences at the original...I'm almost scared to try the Orlando one for fear it will ruin my opinion of the brand!

Bull and Bear is outstanding; it wasn't just the quality of the food (I don't eat steak so got the fish and it was incredible), it was the service and the atmosphere. Just amazing.

I hesitate to say this because I'm sure I'll be berated for the opinion, but I don't think Disney owned restaurants do fine dining well at all - there are one or two restaurants that are fantastic but otherwise, I find non-Disney restaurants far superior.

I hesitate to say this because I'm sure I'll be berated for the opinion, but I don't think Disney owned restaurants do fine dining well at all - there are one or two restaurants that are fantastic but otherwise, I find non-Disney restaurants far superior.

No berating necessary. You're correct.

"High volume" and "fine dining" just don't go together....at all.

Bull and Bear is outstanding; it wasn't just the quality of the food (I don't eat steak so got the fish and it was incredible), it was the service and the atmosphere. Just amazing.

Glad to hear that the Orlando version lives up to the Bull & Bear name!

And I completely agree with you - I don't think Disney fully captures the "experience" of fine dining anywhere on property. California Grill comes close on food and service, but the atmosphere is just too crowded for me to make it really feel special. Yachtsman comes close on food, but again the atmosphere falls short and the service can be hit or miss.

That said, I personally still avoid non-Disney restaurants when I'm there. I go to WDW for a Disney experience; if I want a fine dining trip I'll go to Vegas/Chicago/DC.

Aside from the true Wagyu served at Victoria and Albert's (which can't be compared to anything), the best steak "on property" is at Capa at the Four Seasons. You don't hear much about that restaurant but the food is incredible. I've tried almost all the steaks at WDW. Like many have said, Shula's is very good, but over-the-top on price. From my experience Yachtsman and Le Cellier have been hit or miss - mostly miss. An overlooked steak that I think is the best bang for your buck is the oak grilled fillet at Citrico's.

While I have not tried the Bull and Bear in Orlando, if it's even remotely close to as good as the original in NYC, then it would give any other steakhouse in the state a run for its money.

We've been big fans of Bull & Bear for some time now. Living nearby means we eat there probably once a month. Last night was our most recent visit and again the meal was wonderful. As noted, the service and atmosphere is up to the same standards as the food. For those that don't like steak, you must try the fried chicken!!

We need to just admit that Le Cellier is a joke. Ten or what fifteen years ago it was great and Disney sure knows how to milk something into oblivion. I'll bet in another ten years word will have finally gotten out that Le Cellier actually sucks and they'll have refurbished it into a counter service with a different name. But some people still love it - just like some people love the Tilapia at the fish shop.

We need to just admit that Le Cellier is a joke. Ten or what fifteen years ago it was great and Disney sure knows how to milk something into oblivion. I'll bet in another ten years word will have finally gotten out that Le Cellier actually sucks and they'll have refurbished it into a counter service with a different name. But some people still love it - just like some people love the Tilapia at the fish shop.

Agreed 110%. I'm always confused why this is such a difficult reservation to get. It is so outrageously priced, and it's just not good anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter