• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best strategy for Test Track, Soarin, and Frozen in one day?

AngieInOH

DIS Veteran
I was thinking Rope Drop Soarin, go to Frozen then FP Test track at 11:00.

What kind of waits should I expect for Soarin and Frozen. It will be the 4th week of January.

Our strategy this past Friday was to rope drop Frozen from International Gateway, then do Test Track Single Rider, and Fastpass Soarin. Worked like a charm! We walked directly onto Frozen and Test Track without ever stopping.

Rope Drop Soarin', Single Rider Test Track, and Fast Pass Frozen

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm asking for my sister. I'm not sure they will want to split up. They especially wouldn't be able to do that with their little one.

Lots of ways to do it. I don't see any need to single rider TT, unless that's what you want to do. Personally, I think the best way is:

Rope drop TT
FEA standby immediately after (the line will still be very short)
FP+ Soarin'

If you do that, you can be done all three within an hour, easily.

Alternatively, you could:

Rope drop Soarin'
FEA standby (but it's a LONG walk from Soarin' to FEA)
FP+ TT

We visited in early June. Party of 5. We don't do Rope Drop and our arrival time was about 10:30 am. Had an advance FP for Frozen in the morning. Refreshed for FP #4 (Test Track) and #5 (Soarin) in the afternoon. Lucked into FP #6 (Frozen again) in the evening then waited in a very short standby line near closing time for Soarin again. Had just enough time to make it to Illuminations afterwards.

We don't care too much for the current version of Test Track so we didn't try for a 2nd trip on it.

I would FP TT. That had the biggest likelyhood of going down. If you try to rd it and it is down you are sol and will be stuck with stand by or luck into a 4th fp. But if it is down for any length of time it is very difficult to get as a 4th fp.

I would therefore:
Fp TT
Rd FEA
4th Fp soarin. Or, after Fea, ride soarin stand by. Line will still be reasonable. Then 4th fp whatever you can get

We have a fast pass for FEA in the afternoon in Jan so we are planning on rope dropping TT and then going to Soarin.

At the end of October, we RD Soarin then straight to TT and used our FP for FEA. It worked out well for us and we were able to get Soarin as a 5th FP later in the day.

There are lots of ways to do it and they all work.
Generally, its RD TT and then standby Soarin or RD Soarin and standby TT. Either way, the second line usually isn't too full yet as long as you are in the second line by 9:30. Use the FP for FEA.
We have also been able to frequently get FPs for Soarin the day of in the afternoon. Rarely have I seen FPs for FEA pop up, but I'm sure it happens.

FP FEA
RD TT
Standby Soarin

To put it in perspective, during the same time of day in October the wait times looked like:
FEA: 75 min
TT: 55 min
Soarin: 20 min

I was thinking Rope Drop Soarin, go to Frozen then FP Test track at 11:00.

What kind of waits should I expect for Soarin and Frozen. It will be the 4th week of January.
I would FP TT since it tends to go down a lot. RD Frozen then go to soarn with 3 theater the lines do not build that quick

also look for day of FP for the ride you did not get

here is what touring plans found when they RD EPCOT

Last edited:
There have been lots of great tips offered already but I'll chip in my two cents as well :)

Fastpass+ either Frozen Ever After or Test Track. These two rides are quite prone to temporarily breaking down. If this happens during your fastpass window, a special fastpass will automatically be added to your My Disney Experience account which can be used at any time in the park that day for most rides (sometimes with a few exceptions). This is handy!

If you choose to FP+ FEA, then RD TT and use the single rider line. If you choose to RD FEA, then FP+ TT. From what I've read online, it seems to be equally easy to rope drop either one.

If you can't get Soarin' as a 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. fastpass, then use standby whenever you see that the wait time on MDE is relatively low. Perhaps you could hop onto Soarin' after your initial rope drop attraction.

Note that I've gotten all three of these rides as 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. fastpasses on crowd level 6 and 7 days. I kept refreshing MDE until they eventually popped up.

I hope you have a magical trip! I'm going in January, too!

So many have said it and it's what I'm going to do: FP TT because it breaks down so much. With the FP it will become an anytime FP if the ride does go down. RD FEA and the do a standby on Soarin. They say the wait may be about 30 minutes at that time, but with three theaters, the ride capacity is better than Frozen's.

Hate rope drop's to early never know what the crowds will be like AGGH no.

I would fast pass Frozen, Soarin is like 20-35 mins most of the time and then try to get a 4th fast pass for Test Track or just do single rider.

Going to Epcot later afternoon on arrival day. My plan is first tier Test Track fast pass, Soarin' in-between my second tier fast passes. Then, attending the FEA dessert party for a quick entry onto Frozen after park close.

Lots of people also report that Frozen usually has a lower wait close to park close.

we’re going this June as a group of 5 ticketed and one non ticketed under 3, so splitting up isn’t an option for TT. One of the 5 ticketed is a 5 year old. My plan is to FP test track bc it breaks down frequently and the line tends to build quickly even at rope drop. We’ll do frozen at rope drop, hopefully more than once, then we’ll head to soarin. If the line is >30 min at that point, we’ll just wait and try for a 4th one later.

Last June we had a fast pass for FEA that we never even used bc we left the park before our slot for it. We did TT and FEA twice at rope drop and then did Soarin with a 4th FP later in the afternoon.

Since the expansion of Soarin' I've found that the SB line has diminished and it's a much easier 4th FP.
I would probably rope drop TT or Frozen and take my chances with Soarin.'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter