Best suggestions for pick eaters

irishdancer400

Earning My Ears
Hello, So my best friend and I are going on a trip in January to WDW. Dining reservations won't be coming up for a couple of months, but I am trying to start to put a plan together. I am a more adventurous eater, while she is not. While I have been to WDW multiple times, no one in my family is entirely picky when it comes to food. What are your experiences with picky eaters, preferably teenagers and adults, in the parks? What restaurants worked best for the picky and non-picky eaters in your party?

Hello, So my best friend and I are going on a trip in January to WDW. Dining reservations won't be coming up for a couple of months, but I am trying to start to put a plan together. I am a more adventurous eater, while she is not. While I have been to WDW multiple times, no one in my family is entirely picky when it comes to food. What are your experiences with picky eaters, preferably teenagers and adults, in the parks? What restaurants worked best for the picky and non-picky eaters in your party?
I’m a picky eater and I always just check the menus before we go. Can you pick out some restaurants you’re interested in and have your friend look at the menus? Otherwise, buffets are usually good for everyone but we find the quality in food to be lacking.

I'm picky and have been to WDW with adults (and children) pickier than me. I always look at the menus before making reservations to make sure there is something that everyone in my party will eat. Have your friend look at the menus and ask where she'd like to eat.

We have also split up at times- for example on our last trip some went to Morimoto while others went to D-luxe Burger for lunch one day.

What kinds of food does your friend eat now? Knowing that will allow you to work the menu's. My daughter is extremely picky but will eat at any place for dinner that has steak. I youtube just about every place in planning meals.

My mom is picky and she didn't have a problem at any of the Disney restaurants we went to. She also has no problem ordering sauces or questionable things "on the side" and "without" for things like raw tomato and cucumber which she cannot stand. She even made substitutions where possible, especially when the sides were something she hates, like broccoli or cauliflower. Disney was very accomodating for that.

Before we even made reservations, I sat down with her and gave her the newest updated menus to places I was considering, and also got some pictures/reviews of dishes to show what it would be like.

Chances are, most Disney restaurants will be accommodating for even the pickiest of eaters.

That being said, sit down with her and show her some menus and photo/reviews and see if it is something that she would potentially enjoy.

Took a similar trip recently. My rec is to have her start looking at the menus and make some suggestions to one another. I had more difficulty finding places I would enjoy at Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Epcot is known for the yummy food, but most of it is in World Showcase and I don’t eat a lot of other ethnic cuisines so it was trickier. In MK we enjoyed Be Our Guest breakfast, Pecos Bill lunch, and Gaston’s for snacks. Via Napoli at Epcot was excellent!

Do not go to Boma, Jiko, Saana or Tusker House. _I_ love them, but Meat n Potatoes hubby ate 1 piece of meat, 3 triangles of flatbread and 3 cookies at Boma... Most picky people like Biergarten <shudder>. AK may be a bit tricky. Epcot stick with food around the American Adventure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter