Best Sushi

Morimoto. Have not been to Takumi-Tei but Morimoto is awesome. Sit at the sushi bar upstairs and have the chef just make you whatever.
I didn't even know there was sushi around at all! Where is morimoto located?

Takumi-Tei had the best sushi I've ever had in my life, however it is very very expensive since they are only doing the tasting menus at this point. Also really liked Morimoto, not quite as good as Takumi-Tei but still very good, and the price doesn't burn nearly as large a hole in the wallet!

I suggest you look into Kimonos. My experiences there have been that the value for the quality is pretty high. So, I wouldn't say it's going to be the best sushi you've ever had in your life, but if you come from a place that has an abundance of sushi joints, it's probably be on par with your standard neighborhood joint, but won't COST much more than your standard neighborhood joint, in the middle of Wallytown, so that's a huge win, imo. Don't get me wrong, either, the place is nice, and they have some cool presentations, and they have some good, quality stuff. My general rule of thumb is to stick with nigiri and simple maki instead of the hipster mayo-maki rolls which get expensive really quick. If you stick to nigiri, and simple maki, you'll look at the bill and hopefully have a smile on your face. IMO, in the middle of Wallytown, where a burger and fries and bottle of water is $20+, I'd call Kimonos an absolute gem for the price/quality, if you stick to nigiri and simple maki. I'd rather spend a little more money for decent sushi, than spend a whole lot more, for run of the mill food elsewhere, if that makes sense. Dining in WDW, imo, is about finding value for the crazy $ being spent. Sometimes the value comes from things other than the food, like HDDR, or a character meal, or a cool theme like Sci-Fi. I think Kimonos has a decent amount of value for quality/price, chill atmosphere, and hopefully, you can catch some people doing Karaoke after a few cocktails. And if you're staying at BCV, it's freekin next door on a walking path. Honestly, I just wish they were open for lunch, too. If you do go, you might wanna check into The Fountain for a sundae, or check on the self serve froyo at Fuel.

LOL - I'm team Swolphin, if you haven't figured it out ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter