• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best table dining options for one, bars and lounges included.

fatsnbul

Earning My Ears
Will be spending 5 days alone. Best WDW dining for one? I don’t mind bars and lounges’ with full menu available.

Eating at bars and lounges is my absolute favorite!!!!!!!! In addition to Flying Fish some other suggestions:
  • Nomad's Lounge (Animal Kingdom) - Fabulous cocktails and you can order from their menu or appetizers from Tiffins
  • Territory Lounge (Wilderness Lodge) - Their pretzels and chardonnay fondue is not to be missed
  • Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lounge) - You cannot get entrees usually but you can order some amazing appetizers at their very small bar
  • bluezoo (Dolphin) - Great cocktails and a rare Disney happy hour
  • California Grill (Contemporary) - You can order from the full CG menu in their lounge and watch fireworks to boot. It can fill up fast so suggest you get there right at opening

I agree with this. But I do one solo trip every year and have not had a bad experience anywhere eating solo. I have my favorite menus, but I don't have any particular favorites based on solo eating.

I also do solo trips often and have never had any problems in any of the restaurants. I love HBD both the main restaurant and the outside lounge, I once had the chef come out to talk to me just because I was solo. I agree with Nomad Lounge, also Tiffins that its attached to is great and I've done it solo.

I have been to California Grill, Flying Fish, at the bar, Brown Derby, Le Cellier solo. Was treated wonderfully at all of them. I wouldn't have an concerns going solo to any of them again.

I think that Sci-Fi is the "easiest" place for solo TS dining. It's like sitting in the living room in front of the TV watching a cheesy movie. In addition, anywhere you can get a view is nice, so you can watch something during dinner (often I ask at check-in for a seat with some kind of view, since I'm alone. It doesn't have to be an especially scenic view-just something to watch). I've gotten tank-side at Coral Reef, a window table at California Grill, the back porch at Rose and Crown. One of my favorites was a window seat at Narcoose's. It wasn't dark yet, so I could watch the ferries going back and forth. Sanaa's good for lunchtime watching the animals. When I ate at the bar at Jiko's, the salad prep Chef gave me a free sample of a new salad she was trying out!

Attachments

• IMG_0077-1.jpg
    IMG_0077-1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter