Best Thanksgiving Dinner Ever - Artist Point

PamNC

DIS Veteran
We're back from a wonderful Holiday trip and I just have to give a big hand to Artist Point. We had Thanksgiving dinner there and it was fabulous - the best I've had on property, or anywhere else for that matter. The smoked turkey was so good - very juicy. Excellent potatoes and green beans. Loved the salad, the pumpkin tart and the service was outstanding. If I ever go back for Thanksgiving again, this will be the only place I will eat Turkey day dinner.

A big hats off to Artist Point!!!!!!! I always love eating there but for thanksgiving it was very special. Nice warm atmosphere! It was definitely worth the 2 credits from the dining plan.

PamNC

I'm really glad you had such a great meal at Artist Point for Thanksgiving! We'll be there for Christmas! :thumbsup2

-Michelle

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

I was also at Artist's Point for Thanksgiving but I am sorry to say I do not have such a glowing report as yours. I agree the smoked turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, and cranberry studded stuffing were all very good. I also had the butternut squash soup which also was good but not as good as the bowl I had eariler at Wolfgang Puck's (I love butternut squash soup and usually get it every time I see it on a menu). My husband had the pumpkin tart which was more like a pumpkin cheesecake. He did not like it at all- in fact didn't eat more than two-three bites which is really unusual for him with desserts. I had the berry crumble with black raspberry ice cream. The small scoop of ice cream was wonderful but the crumble was incredibily dry. I ate the berries around it and the ice cream only. The service we had was bad. Being only a table of 4 we were often ignored by our waitress. We sat forever with our empty dinner plates. She brought us coffee in the press which was made incorrectly and had grounds floating in it. We had to track someone else down to get a new pot who then scolded us for preparing the first press incorrectly when we hadn't operated it at all. Our waitress also completely forgot my husband's dessert wine when she did bring it out just before the check my husband declined it. She was nice enough to offer it with no charge.

dumbotink'smom said:
I was also at Artist's Point for Thanksgiving but I am sorry to say I do not have such a glowing report as yours. I agree the smoked turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, and cranberry studded stuffing were all very good. I also had the butternut squash soup which also was good but not as good as the bowl I had eariler at Wolfgang Puck's (I love butternut squash soup and usually get it every time I see it on a menu). My husband had the pumpkin tart which was more like a pumpkin cheesecake. He did not like it at all- in fact didn't eat more than two-three bites which is really unusual for him with desserts. I had the berry crumble with black raspberry ice cream. The small scoop of ice cream was wonderful but the crumble was incredibily dry. I ate the berries around it and the ice cream only. The service we had was bad. Being only a table of 4 we were often ignored by our waitress. We sat forever with our empty dinner plates. She brought us coffee in the press which was made incorrectly and had grounds floating in it. We had to track someone else down to get a new pot who then scolded us for preparing the first press incorrectly when we hadn't operated it at all. Our waitress also completely forgot my husband's dessert wine when she did bring it out just before the check my husband declined it. She was nice enough to offer it with no charge.

Hi there - sorry you didn't enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner. We definitely had different servers because ours was one of the best servers I've had on property. Very attentive, glasses filled constantly. No empty plates sat for more than a few minutes. I wish you had our server. I can't remember her name. You're right, the pumpkin tart was very much like a cheesecake, but we loved it. Some people don't really like cheesecake though. We too got a press pot with grounds in it, but when we brought it to their attention they profusely apologized and brought us a new one which was perfect. We were a table of 2, so I think size has nothing to do with it. It must be what server you get. Your server sounds terrible.

PamNC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter