• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best time of day for Wild Africa Trek?

hjchik

Earning My Ears
Planning on doing Wild Africa trek in December, for those who have done it which time would you suggest and why?
8:00 AM, 8:45 AM, 9:30 AM, 10:15 AM,11:45 AM,12:30 PM, 1:15 PM or 2:30 PM

Thanks so much. Looking forward to it, but not sure which time is best.

I've only done one, at 8am. I loved the early park entry, and it was July, so we avoided the heat of the day. Not as much of a concern in December.

The other nice thing about the early tour was that we left the rest of the day open. I liked having the big, important thing early in the day.

You eat about 2/3 of the way through the tour, so part of the decision would be figuring out when you want to eat or what meal it would replace. I know the early tours get more of a breakfast selection.

If it's your only day at AK, I'd do priority rides first in the morning before taking a tour. Or see what you can get for FPs before deciding on a time.

PHXscuba

We went at 8am in January. We wanted the breakfast as the food was more appealing and going first thing was an awesome start to the day!

We went at 8am in January. We wanted the breakfast as the food was more appealing and going first thing was an awesome start to the day!
I know weather is always different, but how were the temps at 8am in January?

I know weather is always different, but how were the temps at 8am in January?

They were fine and it was mid January. I would say it was a tad chilly at arrival but by the time the tour started, I was fine. No jacket needed.

We did WAT on our honeymoon in early May. I booked a PPO Tusker House reservation, then Fastpasses for Everest 9-10 and FoP 10-11. We did the tour that starts around 11 (might be 11:15 or so). I loved the afternoon tour because it gave us time to do some of AK while the crowds were light. The weather was great in early May.. not too hot in the afternoons. I would be a little worried about it being chilly in the morning in December, but I also hate the cold lol.

IMG_6385.jpg IMG_6397.jpg IMG_6401.jpg

I don't know if you have an AP but that may narrow your choices of times if you want the discount. We are doing it in November and we're told that 11:30 your dad the first available on our day for the discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter