• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best time of the year to go to WDW :

terri01p

DIS Veteran
Hello- we were trying to plan a trip to WDW, my daughter is in a wheelchair and wears a body brace that is extremely hot, so we were trying to plan it at a month that was fairly cool. We can't do the winter months, which month would you do march, april or may if you had to choose ? We didn't want to make it at a time when the crowds were real heavy either, is there a pretty good time to go , please let me know . THANKS

Welcome to disABILITIES.
We have been to WDW in March, April and May. You can get hot days or weeks in any month, but since March is closer to "winter", you would be likley to have generally cooler conditions. We've been there in May when it was really hot , very humid and generally felt like a sauna, especially late in the month.
As for busy-ness, one good way to figure out how busy it will be is to look at the room prices (what "Disney season" it is). When they anticipate high demand and high occupancy, they can charge more for the rooms. Also, look at the calendar to see where Easter falls that year. Spring break time begins some time in March and goes thru some of April (schools in different parts of the country have off at various times for Spring break). We've actually been at WDW at Easter some years and it get noticably busier the closer you get to Easter. The week after is busy too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter