• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best time of year to go...

Melany502

Mouseketeer
for swimming. We just got back and it was 55 and definitely not warm enough to swim. I'd like to plan another trip and am looking at either Feb. or May. I am wondering if Feb will still be too cold for swimming. Will may be too hot for walking around the parks?

We were there 2/9-2/15 last year and the kids swam everyday . It was around 80 degrees all week, but the weather is hir or miss in February . We have also been several times at the end of May and it is definately hot. We normally take breaks in middle of the day to cool off and swim .

We went late September last year and the weather was still pretty hot. Perfect for swimming, without being too hot to enjoy the parks. Plus the crowds were lower and the resorts were cheaper.

We leave in a few days and it's supposed to be 70s and 80s the whole time...which for us will be fine for swimming. I think no matter what there is always the chance of bad weather.

From a southerner - May-Oct. is swimming time and usually hot and humid no matter what you may hear. Always exceptions - sometimes swimming in Jan. but the other months mentioned can be counted on! :)

for swimming. We just got back and it was 55 and definitely not warm enough to swim. I'd like to plan another trip and am looking at either Feb. or May. I am wondering if Feb will still be too cold for swimming. Will may be too hot for walking around the parks?

May would be your best bet. February does warm up a little, but is still unpredictable and can be cool. Seems you have conflicting wishes. You want it to be hot enough for swimming, but cool enough that it is not too hot to walk around the parks. Best months for both in our experience is April and late October. Good luck.

We swam early Feb last year on a cloudy day - boys didn't care about temp which was mildly warm (70's) they had a great time at AoA pool. Too much fun stuff going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter