Best time of year ?

We also loved September - my trip report is in my signature. Amazing weather - warm, but not sweltering. No rain. Most schools newly in session, so a slower time of year at the resorts we stayed at and areas we visited. We'd definitely go this time of year again.

We also loved September - my trip report is in my signature. Amazing weather - warm, but not sweltering. No rain. Most schools newly in session, so a slower time of year at the resorts we stayed at and areas we visited. We'd definitely go this time of year again.

Thanks so much!

We went last October. The weather was perfect highs in the Mid to upper 80s. We live in Chicago so it was a nice change. The resort was not too crowded. We have already been planning our next trip back and are looking at October again.

Can anyone tell me how the ocean water temperatures are in January with regards to snorkeling?

Can anyone tell me how the ocean water temperatures are in January with regards to snorkeling?

Its my understanding the water is a tolerable temperature year-round. But I think the bigger concern would be the size of the waves that time of year. I know in some places, the ocean waves can be impacted by winter storms. When we were in Hawaii in September, which is hurricane season, and the waves were quite high even though there were no storms in the vicinity. We found it difficult to swim the ocean, with the exception of the lagoon at Aulani.

Its my understanding the water is a tolerable temperature year-round. But I think the bigger concern would be the size of the waves that time of year. I know in some places, the ocean waves can be impacted by winter storms. When we were in Hawaii in September, which is hurricane season, and the waves were quite high even though there were no storms in the vicinity. We found it difficult to swim the ocean, with the exception of the lagoon at Aulani.
Thank you. We are looking at snorkeling at the lagoon at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott (they have a paid 1 hour excursion for $20) on the Big island and then Hanauma Bay on Oahu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter