• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best time to book Jetblue

sambisc

Mouseketeer
Jetblue will be extending their booking dates today. Just wondering, is it better to book right away to make sure I get my seats or wait until Tuesday when airfaires are supposedly lower? How much lower could the cost be, if any?

I'm not sure how much (if any) lower they will be on a Tuesday in the near future, as they're just being released but JetBlue will issue you a credit for ANY fare drop as long as you contact them. I buy and then plug my reservation info into a site like yapta.com which will send you an alert if your fare drops by ANY amount (even $1) at which time I contact JetBlue and they issue the credit. Please note the credit is NOT a refund to your card but rather a credit to your JetBlue account for use on a future trip (or to upgrade your seats/express check in, etc. for the existing trip I think). It's good for up to one year - we were allowed to BOOK within a year even though our next trip was actually 15 months later. They said as long as the credit was applied to a BOOKING within 12 months, even if travel dates were later, that was OK. I'd verify with the agent of course, as policies change regularly.

Horrible rates for our dates in Oct. I'll keep an eye on JB daily but it looks like SouthWest might be best, they open our dates on March 3.

Bill From PA

I just checked for NYC area (with the caveat that we don't like JFK or LGA, so basically EWR or HPN) Oct 1-11 when we are going. I'm not impressed. Prices are basically the same as they currently are for our June trip. I will hold out to see what Southwest has when they open. I will have my bonus 50000 SW miles by then so even though we will have to make a stop, you can't beat free. If JetBlue had been $100 or less each way I'd likely have booked. But there's also a chance JetBlue will come out with a discount code later, and they don't give you credit on those if you've already booked.

I just checked for NYC area (with the caveat that we don't like JFK or LGA, so basically EWR or HPN) Oct 1-11 when we are going. I'm not impressed. Prices are basically the same as they currently are for our June trip. I will hold out to see what Southwest has when they open. I will have my bonus 50000 SW miles by then so even though we will have to make a stop, you can't beat free. If JetBlue had been $100 or less each way I'd likely have booked. But there's also a chance JetBlue will come out with a discount code later, and they don't give you credit on those if you've already booked.

JetBlue does give a credit if you've already booked and the price come down.

JetBlue does give a credit if you've already booked and the price come down.

Yes sorry I wasn't clear. If they have a certain code come out, like a percentage off or a specific dollar amount off with a code, they will not give you a credit if you have previously booked. If the regular price flight goes down, then yes they do. But they have had a few of these codes in recent years.

If they have a good deal the day they release rates, I usually jump on it. Just booked my friend and I for Sept for $436 for the two of us from Buffalo.

If only I could find prices like that for May. Settled for Southwest for $544 for my DH and I at non-ideal times. We've never flown Southwest, interested in comparing.

If you are comfortable paying what the fares are today then you should book. The Tuesday thing has to do with airlines seeming to or actually adjusting fares on Tuesday's, industry insiders says you should always check on Tuesdays. Not a guarantee that it will happen this Tuesday, especially as iheartjuppy said below, with them just having released ther fares today.

I'm not sure how much (if any) lower they will be on a Tuesday in the near future, as they're just being released but JetBlue will issue you a credit for ANY fare drop as long as you contact them..... Please note the credit is NOT a refund to your card but rather a credit to your JetBlue account for use on a future trip (or to upgrade your seats/express check in, etc. for the existing trip I think). It's good for up to one year - we were allowed to BOOK within a year even though our next trip was actually 15 months later. They said as long as the credit was applied to a BOOKING within 12 months, even if travel dates were later, that was OK. I'd verify with the agent of course, as policies change regularly.

I was told last year that travel bank money can not be used to upgrade to the "even more" items, but it never hurts to check in case it has changed. I just used my travel bank credits, had some for having to cancell a ticket and for the audio visual not working correctly on a couple flights. They were set to expire in Feb and April and I used them to book a trip to Alaska in June for a cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter