Best time to visit Vero Beach

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
Can anyone say when it would be the least croweded, best weather, with no man - o wars at Vero Beach? Also, coming down from Maryland, is there an airport nearby? Thanks for any info! :wizard:

Vero never really gets "crowded". The historical tourist season is winter -- especially February-April. Since our resort is "Disney" many folks combine it with a trip to Disney so summer has also become very popular (usually a very slow time for Florida resorts). As with Disneyworld, whenever kids aren't in school are your slowest time -- spring and fall also tend to have nice weather (except if a hurrican decides to form in the fall).

Closest airport is Melbourne but you may or may not have direct flights available at reasonable prices. West Palm Beach is the closest biggest but, truth be told, Orlando isn't that much further and we're all so familiar with it that I think many DVC'ers use Orlando -- I do for flights from NYC.

We flew out of BWI this past March because there were more (less expensive) flights available. It was an easy drive to the resort.

Was your flight into Orlando? Ok, about how far from Orlando, say 2 hrs.? I asume there is no Disney transportation to that resort as well. Thanks for everyone's time for comments. Just need to get past this Nor Easter we're about to get, then can focus on ressies!!

The drive a bit less than 2 hours from the Orlando airport to the Vero Beach resort, and it is an easy drive too.
Good luck with your plans and trip!

Yes, we did fly into Orlando (sorry I didn't mention that in previous post!)-because there were more choices than flying into Melbourne-also we're familiar with Orlando's airport and renting and returning a car is very easy-unless you rent from Hertz which is offsite and involves a bus.
We LOVED Vero Beach-the weather was great for all but one evening and one morning-it was such a nice break from winter I really liked going in March (although points are higher).

Thanks for that info. My husband and I were thinking of trying Vero Beach as a true beach experience within the resorts we have to choose from. Although I don't know how HHI is, but would like to try Vero first, with oceanfront room. :goodvibes

I went to Vero Beach in 2006 for the first time. We liked it so much we are headed back in 2007. Due to my high school sons football schedule, we have to go July 28th through August 5th. (St. Teresa Catholic - Go Bull Dogs!) :rotfl2:

The weather was great in 2006, in the upper 80's & low 90's...with the traditional afternoon shower that lasts about 45 minutes.:umbrella:

No man-o-wars and the beach was beautiful.:beach:

We fly in to Orlando because we get a great deal out of Illinois on AirTran. We rent a car for the week and drive to Vero, which is about 2 hours.

Oceanfront room? Excuse me a minute! :rotfl2: :lmao:

If you get a room in the Inn, you could possibly get an ocean view. For ocean front you will probably need a grand villa. (Go check the points for that one.) The Grand Villas are tough to get.

I hope you decide to go to Vero, it is really worth the experience! :thumbsup2

Personally, I really like late May to early June and late October - early November.

Every time we have reserved an OVIR we have gotten an ocean facing room. We just make sure we arrive early (9-10 am) to snag one when it becomes available. We could never afford a cottage (for 2 people) and LOVE the OVIR rooms.

What is the OVIR room? Is that the ocean view inn room? Yes, that would be what I would want to ressie. Thanks for the time frame info. Late May, early June sounds great. Is it real hard to ressie that at 7 mos?

OVIR - Ocean View Inn Room As with the Boardwalk it's a hard reservation for Ocean view. You can get a garden or standard view in the Inn for less points.

What is the OVIR room? Is that the ocean view inn room? Yes, that would be what I would want to ressie. Thanks for the time frame info. Late May, early June sounds great. Is it real hard to ressie that at 7 mos?

We have done it many times. Do ressies day-by-day though to be safe. Also, as SVmouse said there are other Inn Room views, so if you want to see the ocean ask for an OV.

Even then it is possible to get a room that faces north or south and the ocean can still be seen off to the side. So you need to check-in early to snag what I call an "ocean facing" room. We typically arrive between 9-10am and get our name on the top of the list (if a room is not already ready). Usually, we have gotten a room between 11 - 2pm. Once or twice we waited longer, but ocean facing is real important to us so we gladly wait. Just get your room key, go to the pool, grab a margarita, and enjoy the wait.

Wow, wish I were there with that Margarita! You have all given great advice. Grew up with the ocean, so I have to make Vero a must. I hope the beach and water look as good as the pics! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter