Best time to visit?

There is no real "best time" to visit but there are "worst times" to visit as stated earlier, golden week is one of those times.

It depends on what you want to do while you're in Japan. If you're spending the whole time at Disneyland then it depends on what season you want to go to see certain events like right now it's Easter/Spring Voyage. Later it will Halloween, Christmas, Tanabata, etc.

If you're going around Tokyo, do you want to go during sakura tree viewing? Christmas? So it really depends on what you want to do. If you can give us more of what you want to do/see it would give a better idea of when you should visit.

We were at Tokyo Disney a few weeks ago -- May 11th to 16th, visited the parks Monday through Thursday just after Golden Week. It was a great time to go. Lots of rides were walk-on or close to it. Never had problems getting fastpasses for the headliners -- rode some of them more than once. No lottery for Big Band Beat, no staking out a spot for the parades/nighttime shows... We showed up a few minutes ahead of time and were fine. We even caught TSMM with a 35 minute standby time. (I have the picture to prove it! Lol.) We allocated two days per park and actually found ourselves twiddling our thumbs and leaving Disney Sea early on the second day. On our second Disneyland day we rolled in just before noon and spent a large part of the day shopping. I don't know if that time of year is always that, dare I say, slow, but I found all my pre-Dis touring plan stress to be for nothing. Decent weather that time of year as well.

Not to hijack the thread but I'm interested in seeing Halloween at Tokyo Disney and wanted to know when the Halloween activities start/end and also how the crowd levels are during that time. Any info would be great!

We went on Halloween last year and the costumes were awesome. In terms of crowds there were a lot of people, but getting on rides wasn't bad. Most people are there to show off their costumes so don't get on rides. Its hard for all the girls dressed as Belle to fit a full hoop skirt in ride cars! Here are a few pictures my husband took to give you an idea - Halloween 2013

20131031-P1030955-S.jpg

Rex was hanging out near the exit of Star Tours.

20131031-P1030945-S.jpg

Rapunzel's hair actually lit up - cool!

20131031-P1030953-S.jpg

These girls had there photo poses down pat. The Belle is my daughter. I sewed lights into her dress as well but they are hard to see.

20131031-P1030952-S.jpg

All the Halloween revelers hanging out to take pictures in front of the castle.

The year prior to that we went around Halloween time,but not Halloween proper. There were still a lot of costumes, but nothing like on Halloween day itself. There was a halloween scavenger hunt in TDL, but the card for it was all in Japanese. A nice cast member at the TDLH helped us translate what we couldn't and at the end of the hunt we got inflatable ghost Mickey armbands.

20121026-P1020043-S.jpg

Our completed scavenger hunt cards! (note - their recent springtime celebration - they had a scavenger hunt card in English - yay!)

All in all, if you want to see mind blowing Disney cosplay - go to TDR at Halloween. I've done the Halloween Party at DCA which is fun and there are some great costumes, but they pale in comparison to what you see in Tokyo.

Oh my gosh Halloween looks so fun at TDR.
We just visited June 1-6 and it was probably not the "best" time to go but it was nice.
Weather wise it was a little hot in the afternoon and it rained one day but overall the weather was good.
Crowd wise it was pretty light! We utilized fast passes as much as possible and I think the longest line we waited in was just under an hour (Big Thunder the morning of our first day).
The Easter celebration was still going strong. It didn't interest me at all but I guess there were special shows & merchandise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter