• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Travel Cup - Yeti or Something Else?

I have a knock off version, and it keeps ice in my cup overnight. However, if someone specifically asked for a Yeti for a gift, I would get them what they asked for.

I agree. This reminded of me of when I was back in middle school and Bath and Body Works stuff was just beginning to be really popular. I asked my aunt for some stuff from there and she got me similar stuff, but from Penney's. I was so disappointed even though I'm sure the quality of the stuff was the same.

I love love our Yeti's... living in Fl, just out running errands ice in a regular cup will melt within mintues... not with a Yeti your drink stays cold and the ice doesn't melt... Yay... we use ours on the boat too... yep boat drinks in the Yeti...

Now with that said we don't travel with them, don't want to leave them anywhere...so we have travel mugs or tumblers that we travel with.. Ozark from wal-mart while I hope that we don't leave them some where, it not as big of a hit as leaving a yeti behind.

We all really love the Ozark from Walmart--they work well (hot or cold) and come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors. That said, Christmas is the one time of year that I try to put my cheapness aside and buy special items my kids really want. A good example is those deodorant "balls"--I think Secret makes them. They're very portable and have pretty scents, but the cost per ounce is much more than regular deodorant. My daughters love them, so each got one in her stocking. One it's gone, they are out of luck until next Christmas. Or they can pony up their own money.

So, in the case of the OP, I would probably buy the Yeti cups as gifts...just this once.

I think this is fascinating (Yeti vs Hydroflask). Is it that one is more popular by region? All that I see in our area (AZ) are Hydroflask. I've never seen anyone with Yeti here. So, I'm curious where everyone is from that has posted either Yeti or Hydroflask. DS, DH and DD all have Hydroflask, but for myself, I have Simple Modern tumblers.

I think this is fascinating (Yeti vs Hydroflask). Is it that one is more popular by region? All that I see in our area (AZ) are Hydroflask. I've never seen anyone with Yeti here. So, I'm curious where everyone is from that has posted either Yeti or Hydroflask. DS, DH and DD all have Hydroflask, but for myself, I have Simple Modern tumblers.
I order Yeti on line. Never seen them for sale in a store (New Mexico) even when traveling to other destinations. Yeti seems to be more trendy for RV'ers, boaters, campers, etc. Not athletics (runners, hikers). Yeti is more of a sit down and drink type of container rather than a take it and go.

The Yeti brand is extremely popular among sportsmen--by which I mean, hunters and fishermen. They need coolers, etc., that can keep their stuff cold for days. Here (NC), they sell it at the local Ace Hardware.

I know in Walmart, they sell the Ozark stuff mostly in sporting goods year-round, versus in home or kitchen. Even the pink, stemless wine glasses are in the sporting goods section. Occasionally, they'll have a free-standing display next to, say, the summer stuff--pitchers, plastic dishware and glasses, etc.

Las Vegas here. You see mostly Hydro Flask but you can get both Yeti and Hydro in just about any outdoor place like REI or Dick’s Sporting Goods. In Disneyland every other person is carrying a Hydro Flask, especially in summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter