• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Travel Insurance?

4DisneyFansinWV

Earning My Ears
Im sure this has been discussed before, but was curious as to the best travel insurance company you would recommend? Will be a group of 2 adults, 2 children. Thanks so much!

Im sure this has been discussed before, but was curious as to the best travel insurance company you would recommend? Will be a group of 2 adults, 2 children. Thanks so much!

While I can't recommend a specific company, I can recommend you go to http://www.insuremytrip.com/
or https://www.squaremouth.com/ to check out plans.

Both of those sites are insurance comparison sites, and once you put in your parameters, will show you several different company's policies you can choose from. As an alternative, I know calling insuremytrip directly is very helpful. The phone reps are quite knowledgeable.

We have used InsureMyTrip.com I thought the website was a little confusing so I called. The representative was extremely helpful. We told her what we wanted covered and she quickly came up with a policy that fit our needs at a very reasonable cost.

As an alternative, I know calling insuremytrip directly is very helpful. The phone reps are quite knowledgeable.

100% agree with calling. I wore myself out trying to decide between insurance plans online. The rep I spoke with at insuremytrip asked about the trip and the people going, and within minutes found the plan that fit our needs. He even asked about medical needs and took seasonal weather (hurricanes) into consideration when making the quote. I did ask that he send the details by email so I could look at the policy before paying for it, and it was not a problem.

As stated before, compare all plans offered and find the one that works well for you.

I personally prefer a plan that has Primary Medical coverage so that I don't have to submit the claim to my medical insurance and wait for it to be denied. It is not that much more and is worth it to me.

As stated before, compare all plans offered and find the one that works well for you.

I personally prefer a plan that has Primary Medical coverage so that I don't have to submit the claim to my medical insurance and wait for it to be denied. It is not that much more and is worth it to me.

We look for plans that cover medical as well as medical evacuation.

Many US health plans do not cover "out of country medical expenses". And, once you board the ship, you are "out of country". Evacuation can be very costly, if needed.

I use http://tripinsurancestore.com/ and have had nothing but great experience with them. They have wonderful email and phone communication. And they are more than happy to talk you through the different plans if you don't know what you need.

We used Allianz. So far so good. Their price was almost half of what Disney charges. Better coverage and better price. They also cover pre-existing conditions. Kids are free.

I've gone through insuremytrip.com for my last few trips, and I think I ended up with Allianz. I compared everything online and then called --- they are extremely helpful and answered all of my questions. I will never buy Disney insurance again -- bought it for my very 1st cruise --- what a rip off. I didn't realize it only covered the cruise.

The insurance I purchased covers a whole spew of things, and with young children, I can't afford not to have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter