Best TS Breakfast on property other than the Parks?

J-Dog

A Nobody
Hi.

I know this is an often-repeated thread (sorry), but I am not a breakfast guy and my family has literally never eaten a TS breakfast at WDW.

Now, however, my extended family is coming with us this December, and the are really pushing for a nice breakfast at least once on a resort day.

We are DVC, staying at RIV. I know that Topolino's will be a possibility, and we're not ruling it out, but we're certainly open to all other suggestions, including buffet, family-style (is any restaurant still doing this?), or ala cart.

Thanks! :worship:

Topolino's is great and would be super convenient since you're staying at the Riviera but it books out really fast so make sure you're there at dark-thirty when your 60-day ADR window opens. Ohana at the Poly has a great reputation (but it also books out fast so we've not been able to try it yet). Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club is always very good (and you could take the Skyliner over from the Riviera and then make a quick 5-minute walk down the hill before starting your day at Epcot or DHS). And the Whispering Canyon Cafe at Fort Wilderness has good hearty food and can be a lot of fun if you get one of the sassy servers.

Another vote for Boma. In addition to interesting and delicious options for guests willing to try new things, it also has the usual standbys for those who aren't. And as mentioned above, AKL wil be beautifully decorated for the holidays.

Thanks so much for the advice! I honestly didn't even think about Christmas decorations at the other resorts, although we are into that kind of thing.

We're staying at RIV, so Topolino's is on the list. And the Boardwalk is close. And I was interested in breakfast at AKL, but didn't know which restaurant there had breakfast. Not sure about the MK resorts at this point, but only because that's further away and we already have a bunch of other choices to figure out...

Thanks again.

The Trattoria al Forno breakfast on the BW is a favorite for us. Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club and Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club have also been decent, but we have not been post-Covid.

Our favorites are Steakhouse 71 at the Contemporary for the incredibly delicious and very reasonably priced food and the monorail or walk over to the MK afterward. My CM daughter and I always split The Steakhouse Feast breakfast for $20. It includes Eggs Benedict, Scrambled Egg, Bacon, Sausage, Mickey-shaped Waffle, Bacon-Cheddar Grits, Breakfast Potatoes, Fresh Fruit. It's more than enough for both of us. $20 for 2 people! My husband orders the Steak and Eggs for $21. The steak in that dish is filet mignon. (Topolino's is 42 per person, I'm sure you know that)

Our second favorite is the Grand Floridian Cafe, also reasonably priced, also great food, and boat, monorail or walk to the MK after breakfast. And the Grand Floridian lobby at Christmas with the giant tree and the Gingerbread House is a-maz-ing.

We like Fresh Med Market at the Dolphin. In the before times it was a sort of hybrid buffet/ala carte. Last time I was there they had a small cafeteria like station where the CMs would serve you and a station where you could get eggs cooked any way you liked. Not sure if they have gone back to full buffet yet. They had the best juice selection around.

This is for family style and buffet options only.

If staying at the Riviera and have a LARGE group and can't get Top's, I would 100% go to Cape May Cafe Buffet at Beach Club due to easy Skyliner transportation and shortest distance from Riv. You wont have to wait for a bus, drive 2-3 cars or wait forever for those AM disney buses to take you to a theme park and transfer to the hotel restaurant... Beach Club It is not as cramped or loud as Chef Mickey's/Ohana and it a lot closer than Boma, Whispering Canyon. Of course Boma would be the best option for food options but if you have plans for late morning/early afternoon, Cape May Cafe would be best for if the party is splitting, there is HS, Epcot or a boardwalk stroll right there, as well as the sklyiner to go back to resort.

If you are thinking of the same thing for a dinner that week, do not go the Cape May Cafe. That is another story for another thread on Dis Discussion Boards.

Thanks so much for all the replies.

Recommendations so for:

Topolino's
Boma
A&C
Trattoria al Forno
Cape May
Ohana
Wilderness Lodge
Fresh Med Market
GF Cafe
Steakhouse 71

That's actually WAY more choices than I realized were available for breakfast. Now we will have to narrow it down somehow...

Thanks again!

Yacht Club Ale & Compass would be a lot cheaper than Topolino and on convenient on the skyliner. It has nicer breakfast options, but no characters.

Minority opinion, but I though Ohana and Boma were decent, but not worth the price. You can mobile order Tonga Toast if you want to get the gist.

Don’t sleep on Disney Springs brunch! Boathouse, homecomin and wine bar George are all great choices

Based on the size of your group (extended family, so I'm guessing maybe 10 of you?) and the quality of the food, Boma would be my first recommendation. We love the breakfast buffet there; I honestly believe it's the best breakfast on property. AKL will be decorated for Christmas and you can check out the animal viewing while you are there.

Two other favorites are Ale and Compass (you could take the Skyliner to Epcot and walk over to the YC) and Grand Floridian Cafe (GF is gorgeous at Christmas),
but Boma is always our first choice for breakfast at Disney World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter