• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best TS for seafood?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
We are considering upgrading to deluxe dining this summer (did it several years ago and enjoyed it). We're big steak, sushi, and lobster fans and would like suggestions about the best TS (1TS and 2TS). We currently have Cape May, Le Cellier, CG brunch, Mama Melrose, BOG for steak and seafood, but are thinking of adding: Bongos for grilled seafood platter, CG for seafood ramen, Boathouse for stuffed lobster. Has anyone tried these items that can provide a personal review?

Last edited:
Agree with PP that Bluezoo is the best seafood on property and is not on the dining plan. That said, we do enjoy Boathouse which I assumed you meant when you said beachhouse. While Ive not had the stuffed lobster, we did enjoy several seafood apps there such as the clams in white wine and butter, some oysters and the lobster roll. We usually stick with small plates here. We also enjoy Cape May. While it is your typical standard buffet. I personally really love their chilled peel and eat shrimp, their seafood chowder and their salmon dish. The crab legs are not the best unless you get their right when they open. Ive noticed in my opinion that the taste gets saltier the longer they sit in the steamer water. We dont do seafood at Le Cellier but we do like the steak and cheese soup. Steaks at Shulas and Bull and Bear are much better but again not on the dining plan. Im sure many will steer you toward the Yachtsman for the steak but again in my opinion the Yachtsmans food tastes like a salt lick to me. CG brunch is amazing and it was one and done years ago for Mama Melrose and Bongos. BoG food was decent, we enjoyed the atmosphere but wouldnt stress if I couldnt go back there.

I would say Flying Fish and The Boathouse. I haven't tried Tiffins yet. Hopefully Paddlefish will be another solid option. For sushi on the DDP I'd say CG and Tokyo Dining. Narcoossee's has classic steak and lobster meals.

We are considering upgrading to deluxe dining this summer (did it several years ago and enjoyed it). We're big steak, sushi, and lobster fans and would like suggestions about the best TS (1TS and 2TS). We currently have Cape May, Le Cellier, CG brunch, Mama Melrose, BOG for steak and seafood, but are thinking of adding: Bongos for grilled seafood platter, CG for seafood ramen, Beachouse for stuffed lobster. Has anyone tried these items that can provide a personal review?
Not on dining plan - BlueZoo.

On Dining Plan:
-- Flying Fish (have not been since reopening) - 2-credits.
-- Narcoossee's - New England'y style seafood - 2-credits.
-- Artists Point - cedar plank-cooked salmon is a mainstay - 2-credits.
-- Coral Reef - receives mixed reviews, but we enjoy the seafood (trout) & view - 1-credit.
-- Cape May - seafood buffet (never been) - 1-credit (?)
-- Boathouse & Paddlefish - Disney Springs (I think Boathouse is 2-credits; Paddlefish opening soon).

Tiffins at AK, while not technically a seafood restaurant there is some on the menu. We liked Flying Fish well enough, the food was good but we had a bad server that kind of ruined the experience. My son loves sushi bar at Dolphin was pretty good but it's not on the dining plan.

Coral Reef is one of our must-do's for the steak and we are considering Tokyo Dining. We used to love Flying Fish, but not sure about the new menu. I'm glad to read about other's experiences as food is a big part of our vacation and we'd be spending a decent amount to upgrade and add all those extra tips... DH wanted to go back to Narcooses for surf & turf, but I read somewhere there is an upcharge on the DXDP so we won't do that. I am now reminiscing about the raw seafood tower we had at Fultons several years ago yummmmmm

Boathouse is so good!!! The steamed clams in white wine are delicious as are the lobster bisque, firecracker shrimp and fish tacos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter