best TS for solo

I don't do character meals solo, but have done many, many, many TS over the years. I have never really felt less uncomfortable at one over another. A pp mentioned Chefs de France's tables being too close, but the last time I went there, there were 4 other solos at tables around me--I thought it was pretty funny actually. I worry less about any specific TS and more about what i want to eat and just go. You'd be surprised how many solos you'll see.

As a frequent solo traveler I don't select a restaurant based on table service. I select the restaurant I want to dine at and enjoy myself. I don't care if people notice me or not and I don't have any problems sitting alone. I say select the restaurant you want to eat at and enjoy.

Tokyo Dining was by far my best solo dining experience in terms of service.
I agree, I always have great experiences at Tokyo Dining. The service is great and I love the atmosphere. I usually get a nice table by the window with a great view. I enjoy Via Napoli as well, but I always end up getting stuck at a very small table in the middle of the crowded restaurant.

As a frequent solo traveler I don't select a restaurant based on table service. I select the restaurant I want to dine at and enjoy myself. I don't care if people notice me or not and I don't have any problems sitting alone. I say select the restaurant you want to eat at and enjoy.
I agree with this too!

I really recommend breakfast at Garden Grille. characters were great, food was awesome and as a solo, my server was very very attentive :)

I agree, I always have great experiences at Tokyo Dining. The service is great and I love the atmosphere. I usually get a nice table by the window with a great view. I enjoy Via Napoli as well, but I always end up getting stuck at a very small table in the middle of the crowded restaurant.

I agree with this too!

I had the same experience at Via Napoli last night. I asked for a table off to the side and they put me at a small table right in the middle.

I go solo at least once a year, any of the TS would be fine. If you aren't used to eating out solo, just do a few "practice" runs at home, it's no different at Disney. I have my kindle ap on my phone and after I've ordered I usually read. I've had some great interactions with wait staff and even chefs coming to my table when dining solo.

eating solo at a TS can be a problem for solos - first France and Canada seem to think I needed someone to talk too - so they put a man in my face.

they seem to have a problem with a female eating alone - now most of the CM who did this were females. So tell them you are eating alone and don't want anyone that near you.

It was really obvious at France - the place was almost empty.....

Eating solo is more about your comfort level. If you eat by yourself regularly- it is no issue, if you don't, you can feel awkward. I have done it all- character dining, close tables, high end, low end...best experience is usually Brown Derby. The servers are amazing and go out of their way to make you comfortable. I even got my favorite recipes from the servers! I like Chefs de France too and have had good experiences there. I made friends at Le Cellier because I always order the light up drinks and the couple next to me were fascinated. Everyone here has already given great advice. Pick the restaurants you want to try and you will be fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter